Can we organize a kids’ day at Creek or any regional park?

What part did they re-route (any video of it yet)?

Please let it be that that lower, open field section--that always felt like a waste of space.

Is the new Greenhorn as bad as the new-ish green trail at Blue?

Haven't ridden that, but it's pretty bad. Really slow, probably slightly uphill in a lot of spots between the turns, and I was there before most of the recent rain and all of the turns were muddy and rutted.

What part did they re-route (any video of it yet)?

Please let it be that that lower, open field section--that always felt like a waste of space.

It's the section right after the intersection with Breakout where you can make the left to go down to Alpine etc. You'd normally go straight, make a left over a bridge and then make a right after a roller. That's now closed off and you stay slightly left of the original trail and make a bunch of slow switchback turns.

Yeah I miss the old section of Greenhorn. It was nice having something that was a little bit of sustained speed, but totally agree that this makes sense for a beginner trail, so as to avoid high speed crashes. The switchbacks are really slow and miserable to ride though.
ya, when my son was smaller and at creek for the first few times that steep hill used to freak me out a little for him.....also bc goddam people would come up on you at mach 10....which is part of the reason why im sure they wanted to get rid of that section. And ya, I can't say I enjoy the new switchbacks, but there isnt much "beginner" at creek, so I get it.

ya, when my son was smaller and at creek for the first few times that steep hill used to freak me out a little for him.....also bc goddam people would come up on you at mach 10....which is part of the reason why im sure they wanted to get rid of that section. And ya, I can't say I enjoy the new switchbacks, but there isnt much "beginner" at creek, so I get it.
My plan is to warm up on Greenhorn, then Tempest, then Dominion. My kids better be able to keep up. 😂

MC needs to go in and clean up their Blue non-flow trails. It's kinda ridiculous how a trail like Water Boy is designated intermediate. Anywhere else in the country, that would be considered a Black diamond. A few re-routes and alternate lines is all it would take to make it better.

MC needs to go in and clean up their Blue non-flow trails. It's kinda ridiculous how a trail like Water Boy is designated intermediate. Anywhere else in the country, that would be considered a Black diamond. A few re-routes and alternate lines is all it would take to make it better.
While I'm certainly not a bike park aficionado... I have only been to creek, Highland, blue, Burke and Sugarbush....but ya, blue trails at creek would be double black at burke for example lol. Definitely not easy. I took my son down "the jack" and while he rode it all, I was like dam, this seems pretty hard for a blue trail.

Of course double black ski trails at creek would be greens at other ski resorts so

The bottom of "The Jack" is pretty ridiculous to call a blue trail. Bushwack as well. And for sure Waterboy.
Took my kids down Bushwack only to discover Tempest was closed (the bike rental people didn't know this :(). Our only "blue" option back down was Hudson River to Waterboy. Both kids struggled and my oldest took a nasty OTB. Luckily he was okay. It was totally my fault for not being more aware of the trail closures, but it would be nice if Mountain Creek had a reasonable blue or green option to descend that side of the mountain.

Took my kids down Bushwack only to discover Tempest was closed (the bike rental people didn't know this :(). Our only "blue" option back down was Hudson River to Waterboy. Both kids struggled and my oldest took a nasty OTB. Luckily he was okay. It was totally my fault for not being more aware of the trail closures, but it would be nice if Mountain Creek had a reasonable blue or green option to descend that side of the mountain.

Yikes, yeah. Depending on your kids I'd almost say that Monarch would be an easier way down if you're over by Tempest. It's pretty much all rocks, but it doesn't have the steep steps that make Waterboy hazardous (although there is now a bit of a steep roller/drop in the beginning that you might want to avoid). From Monarch there are a couple of options to then bail out onto the fire road and cruise down to Lower Greenhorn, avoiding Legion/Thread the Needle.

Was Bluephoria open? That's more of an XC/Enduro trail for the most part, starting to the right of Tempest. That would definitely be WAY easier than Waterboy.

Yikes, yeah. Depending on your kids I'd almost say that Monarch would be an easier way down if you're over by Tempest. It's pretty much all rocks, but it doesn't have the steep steps that make Waterboy hazardous (although there is now a bit of a steep roller/drop in the beginning that you might want to avoid). From Monarch there are a couple of options to then bail out onto the fire road and cruise down to Lower Greenhorn, avoiding Legion/Thread the Needle.

Was Bluephoria open? That's more of an XC/Enduro trail for the most part, starting to the right of Tempest. That would definitely be WAY easier than Waterboy.
We never climbed up toward tempest and Bluephoria so I don’t know if it was open. There was a sign by the pond that Tempest was closed so I detoured to Hudson.

Does the trail crew maintain Bluephoria? The last couple of times I rode it, parts of the trail were actually a bit difficult to see. It is a fun trail, although definitely more on the "XC/enduro" side than a pure DH trail, which some have complained about.

Does the trail crew maintain Bluephoria? The last couple of times I rode it, parts of the trail were actually a bit difficult to see. It is a fun trail, although definitely more on the "XC/enduro" side than a pure DH trail, which some have complained about.
Waste of fucking time if you ask me. Would have been better off cleaning and fixing existing trails.

I always said they need a "Cat and Mouse" or "Trillium" blue trail equivalent at Creek like they have at Thunder Mountain.

Waste of fucking time if you ask me. Would have been better off cleaning and fixing existing trails.

I rode Hudson River and Waterboy on Saturday. The erosion and overall loose rocks everywhere on Waterboy sucked, especially on a trail that's reasonably tech to begin with. I know that the trail crew there is doing what they can and there's been a lot of rain but it's still frustrating to pay to ride trails that are significantly eroded or have debris all over the place. Not to mention Tempest closure and Alpine being dismantled.

I rode Hudson River and Waterboy on Saturday. The erosion and overall loose rocks everywhere on Waterboy sucked, especially on a trail that's reasonably tech to begin with. I know that the trail crew there is doing what they can and there's been a lot of rain but it's still frustrating to pay to ride trails that are significantly eroded or have debris all over the place. Not to mention Tempest closure and Alpine being dismantled.
Agreed. The mountain is a bit of a disaster. They leave the tech lines to erode away while they work on the flow trails. That’s a shitty plan for sustainability and overall user experience. At least change the trail designation so newbies have some warning.

The time wasted building Bluephoria, the Anthem drop and that stupid Redbull jump would have been better spent fixing many existing trails.

My son and I rode Bluephoria on sunday, I mean its always a mess so it didnt seem any worse than usual to me.....Crapshoot seemed paved in loose rocks moreso than usual.
that stupid Redbull jump
I have been to creek 10 times now this year, have yet to see it open yet.

The new greenhorn switchbacks are so slow, after 1 lap this week...my son wanted to ride anything else....

My problem with creek is that the fun easier trails....deviant, breakout.....they start out good, then they die out quickly and you just traverse the park on dirt roads. Tempest is fun, bit of a pain to get to and often closed. Crapshoot is long road forever until you get to the step up.....the park is quite disjointed.

that said, its got good stuff that my son is improving his skills with....and its the only game in town, so.

Back
Top Bottom