Car-spotting thread

Spotted this one at Sea Otter. Agree, it's super weird in person. When you see it you think you're looking at a heavily pixelated rendering of a truck from the future.

View attachment 237577
Maybe a truck from the future that I drew in elementary school in 1977…
One was at Allaire a couple weeks ago… I just don’t get it, and yes they do look worse in person.

Their stock price drop has to 100% be because of the cybertruck.

How can anyone who sees one of those out in the wild not just go home and log into their brokerage account and hit SELL as fast as they can?

I wonder if living in a small town in WNC I'll ever actually see one.

Their stock price drop has to 100% be because of the cybertruck.

How can anyone who sees one of those out in the wild not just go home and log into their brokerage account and hit SELL as fast as they can?

I wonder if living in a small town in WNC I'll ever actually see one.
I think a lot of their stock price drop also has to do with the fact that they haven't changed their cars in like 15yrs, this truck will sell only to the fanbois and not someone that needs a pickup truck to do actual pickup truck things, and their next "big thing" is a hypercar that is already irrelevant because Rimac exists.

I don't think Tesla stock is doing too bad. If you bought 4 years ago, you'd still be up 400 percent. Sure, it was up nearly 1000 percent and lost more than 50 percent since then, but they're fairing far better than nearly everyone in the EV/renewable sector. I see $TSLA staying above$140 for good. No clue how fast or slow the price will move, but I think the floor is in.

This past Sunday was Customs by the sea in Asbury Park. It’s amazing how they had these wild rides right inside and outside of convention hall for any jabroni to just walk up to.
Standouts for me was the Hemi Healy, the black Deuce roadster which was built by Gene Winfield in 1959, XK-120, & the red 356.IMG_6072.jpegIMG_6074.jpegIMG_6073.jpegIMG_6070.jpegIMG_6069.jpegIMG_6068.jpegIMG_6067.jpegIMG_6065.jpegIMG_6062.jpegIMG_6060.jpeg

My buddy went to pick up his Cybertruck today after 3 years of waiting. The entire truck was covered is rust. He was so furious that they were going to give it to him in that condition. Now he’ll have to wait even more until they can have it polished up. :(

IMG_1667.jpeg

There was 300 or so Porsches in town for a yearly event. Sorry @Carson but I just don't understand these cars visually. The old ones look like sporty VW bugs to me, 80's air cooled are ugly. Water cooled later ones all look basically the same. Which makes sense as every owner was a white guy in cargo shorts with belt, polo shirt and a beige baseball cap. That's not completely true as some guys mixed it up with a shirt that said Martini. That's how you knew they were true car guys.

I do find it interesting how Porsche owners try to differentiate their cars. Big ass wings, or weird retro paint jobs. I'm not hating, I'm sure they're all having fun. Although if you are the people that show up in a Cayenne you're a bit weird.

Not the biggest fan but definitely the front-engine cars look the best.

View attachment 237262
View attachment 237263

I'd love to get an S2000 but there's two issues:
1) They've shot up to an unrealistic price.
2) I doubt you can find one that's not completely ruined. Exhibit A:

View attachment 237264
This is bothering me. Are you not supposed to wear a belt with shorts? Would you rather see a bunch of middle aged men that need a belt ?

My buddy went to pick up his Cybertruck today after 3 years of waiting. The entire truck was covered is rust. He was so furious that they were going to give it to him in that condition. Now he’ll have to wait even more until they can have it polished up. :(

View attachment 237716
Is he under some kind of delusion that it won't rust again? There's some kind of joke about polishing a turd.

Is he under some kind of delusion that it won't rust again? There's some kind of joke about polishing a turd.
I don’t think he cares as long as the rust is buffed off. His plan was always to drive around for a few months then sell it for a hefty profit. He’s already gotten $150K offers, even before taking delivery.

I just want to drive it myself and see what this thing is really like.

I dunno. They aren’t even meeting that on auction sites. offer is just an offer. TALK

In Tokyo . Not really. I’m bias but this everyday car surpasses my expectations every drive. People describe some cars as it’s on rails. The R isn’t like that or a raw experience like STI or Evo. It glides and floats and effortless to drive quick. After a corner I’m like - WHAT? HOW?
IMG_7372.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom