Cars, it's electric! Do Do Do

TommyF

That's interesting, under the upgrades it specifically lists traffic re-routing as part of premium, we lost it as soon as the trail period was over in the two Y's we just purchased.

cyclops

Anyone taking a gamble on an Ocean? Only 25k now
I thought they went bankrupt. Unless they make the car software open source, I doubt its a good idea to buy it.

Meanwhile, Tesla has given free one month of full self drive to all! Maybe they are struggling with enough people buying it.

Mahnken

I thought they went bankrupt. Unless they make the car software open source, I doubt its a good idea to buy it.

Meanwhile, Tesla has given free one month of full self drive to all! Maybe they are struggling with enough people buying it.
At $12k it's a pretty hard sell. Tried it out a couple days ago with the free trial. It works really well. 18 mile trip from my house and it drove itself the entire way.

cyclops

At $12k it's a pretty hard sell. Tried it out a couple days ago with the free trial. It works really well. 18 mile trip from my house and it drove itself the entire way.
Yup. I was surprised how well it works and parks itself. But 12k is too much, maybe 2k will make me bite.

mfennell

Not bankrupt yet. I found a Fisker forum. Not a happy place right now.

If they fold completely, there will be 10,000 Oceans out there. That's enough to create a support network of some kind. It was actually built under contract by Magna Steyr in Austria, using their EV architecture, and they're not going away.

I tried a Tesla FSD Beta about a year ago on a highway with light traffic. I was on full alert, ready to grab the wheel or stab the brakes. I was not expecting the car to decide to throw on the binders, forcing me to hit the 'gas'. The car behind me must have thought I brake checked them. Thankfully, it didn't become a road rage incident.

My wife has terrible eyesight. I'm really hoping the technology arrives at some point.

EDIT: clarify Magna Steyr's role

qclabrat

Not bankrupt yet. I found a Fisker forum. Not a happy place right now.

If they fold completely, there will be 10,000 Oceans out there. That's enough to create a support network of some kind. It was actually built under contract by Magna Steyr in Austria, using their EV architecture, and they're not going away.

I tried a Tesla FSD Beta about a year ago on a highway with light traffic. I was on full alert, ready to grab the wheel or stab the brakes. I was not expecting the car to decide to throw on the binders, forcing me to hit the 'gas'. The car behind me must have thought I brake checked them. Thankfully, it didn't become a road rage incident.

My wife has terrible eyesight. I'm really hoping the technology arrives at some point.

EDIT: clarify Magna Steyr's role
Same for me regarding eyesight, my astigmatism is horrible and avoid night driving at all cost.

Top Bottom