Chain Slip

Not jibberish

I just had my cassette changed, but the shop made no mention of changing my old chain - they just suggested I keep it better lubed. Why do you like to change the chain and the cassette together?

Why wouldn't a well-respected shop like Halters mention something like that to me? Maybe they were too busy.

What about my middle chainring now?

Sorry if we did not make this 100% clear.

We use a really good tool to check and see if your chain is worn. If the chain is worn and the cass is not, it is totally OK to only replace the cass.

You can learn much about chain / Cass wear and see the wear tools we use here:

http://www.rohloff.de/en/technical/chaindrive/chain_wear/

:getsome:

Why wouldn't a well-respected shop like Halters mention something like that to me? Maybe they were too busy.

dude, what the hell is wrong with you.
there are MANY people on here who luv Halters, how could you make a dumb statement like that?

dude, what the hell is wrong with you.
there are MANY people on here who luv Halters, how could you make a dumb statement like that?

Give the kid a break. If he wasn't in the work area watching, how would he know that they measured the chain stretch? He's new to the sport. What makes Halter's a great shop is that they don't mind you question and challenge what they do.

Give the kid a break. If he wasn't in the work area watching, how would he know that they measured the chain stretch? He's new to the sport. What makes Halter's a great shop is that they don't mind you question and challenge what they do.

Forgive us as we suffer from the human condition.

Forgive us as we suffer from the human condition.

i agree with the new guy. halters = terrible dudes and terrible service. you guys suck and how dare you give out bad advice.:D

24y661t.jpg

Another Reason to Support your LBS...

Especially Halters. He easily could have been sold a new cassette even though he didn’t need it. How many shops would have taken the time to measure and inspect his cassette?

Back
Top Bottom