Clayton Park Conditions

kjarrett

Awesome, much appreciated! The reviews on that thing are incredible ... and helpful. Now I’ve fallen down the rabbit hole saw shopping. My wife thanks you ... not. 😂

kjarrett

Rode yesterday, trails I was on (Relive video here) were clear. OTB'd (slow-motion, thankfully) in a tight corner/washout/drop by some trees, leaf-covered roots and ruts are a nasty combination, lol. But seriously, first time there, definitely coming back, so much fun, enough elevation change to make it interesting and help me get stronger. Overall the trails were fantastic (but ... all the leaves!) Definitely will be back!

kjarrett

most of have some sort of folding saw, silky is a popular brand, this is the one i have

Went with a Corona RS16150, 10”. Tried it out in the yard today. Impressed! Happy with the $26 investment!
ECFFD60B-E93E-4851-9DCB-192B9971434B.jpeg

kjarrett

Thanks for the report, I was considering heading there soon-ish. Will wait for it to dry out some more.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
This place is too muddy despite being below freezing when I got here and the sun not even up. Got to the bottom and then left.
Look at the hour by hour the night before to see how long it has been below freezing. Weather under ground shows it right at freeze for an hour, not enough to freeze.

gpTron

Look at the hour by hour the night before to see how long it has been below freezing. Weather under ground shows it right at freeze for an hour, not enough to freeze.
Yeah good point. I'll remember that next time. I was hoping between it's ability to drain quick and being 50 yesterday and a hopeful freeze overnight it'd be rideable but no dice. I went to the UTT instead. On a side note, driving home over the turnpike i noticed trucks lane northbound is at a standstill. Like, people are standing outside their cars.

grampaaah2

Anyone do Trail Maintenance here?

This place will be my home trails for awhile and I just want to see if there is any group I can join or help I can give

michael.su

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Anyone do Trail Maintenance here?

This place will be my home trails for awhile and I just want to see if there is any group I can join or help I can give
howdy neighbor.
Sometimes...
All trail maintenance at Monmouth county parks are run by the volunteer coordinator and scheduled with park ranger leads.
You are required to take a class with the county to participate and sign up for sessions ahead of time. (sometimes the class is held in Imlaystown at the Clayton park activity center)
If interested, I can get you in touch with the coordinator.

grampaaah2

howdy neighbor.
Sometimes...
All trail maintenance at Monmouth county parks are run by the volunteer coordinator and scheduled with park ranger leads.
You are required to take a class with the county to participate and sign up for sessions ahead of time. (sometimes the class is held in Imlaystown at the Clayton park activity center)
If interested, I can get you in touch with the coordinator.
Hi, yes please help me get in touch with the coordinator. Looking forward to any sort of spring clean up, the park is a lot of fun and just want to help out where i can.

blackburn1973

Conditions were good this morning, with a few muddy spots where expected (low area of Doctor's Creek and Forge). Overall, pretty solid 3.5 I'd say.

NJ Gator

conditions okay for a late afternoon ride 6/5? Did the monsoon come thru 6/4 and if so would late today be okay?

grampaaah2

anyone know whats giong on with the log over and skinnies being taken apart here? Seems like a lot of the little side hit type stuff has been getting destroyed

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions