Clayton Park Conditions

Clayton Conditions after Sandy

Has anyone ventured out to the park? The trails usually have trees down after a wind storm.

Went today

Chose to hike instead of ride, some major trees down and some impressive limbs still suspended above. It's safe for a quick ride, but requires much more work to open it all back up.

Any update on conditions? I'm looking for a place to get a quick ride in this weekend and since Allaire is in shambles and from what I hear, not open yet, I was thinking about coming out to clayton.

The park was hit really hard. There are a ton of trees down. Some have snapped and are still suspended in the air leaning against other trees. Very dangerous conditions. Stay clear and away.

Was there this morning. All trails appear open. I didn't ride all the connectors, but they weren't blocked off either.

They cleared the small and medium sized stuff, and rerouted around the big stuff and the widow makers caught up high.

anyone know if old forge is cleared yet? i was there 3 weeks or so ago and it was completely under trees and brush

Clayton Trails

All trails are open with the exception of the short trail that shoots off the right of Old Forge near top of the hill. A few trails are re-routed around downed trees. Kudos to the park maintenance crew.

All the trails are open, but some areas are slick and wet. I went down in a turn within 5 minutes of pedaling out towards the field to the left.

Rode about two weeks ago perfect conditions I don't know what the recent moisture has done to mess them up tho

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions