Dickerson Mine Endurnace Oct 29 2023

Superfly100guy

Introducing the First Annual Dickerson Mine Endurance Challenge!

Dickerson Mine Endurance is a timed 3 hour MTB event. Complete the most number of laps within the 3 hours and be crowned
Queen or King in your category! Sit atop The Iron Throne of Dickerson Mine for one year until they try to dethrone you the following year. Please leave your swords and shields at home as the weapon of choice is your very own bicycle!

This is a great opportunity for those of your who think that they are the King or Queen of the local endurance scene or just up for a 3 hour MTB Challenge.

We have some awesome raffle prizes from Wahoo, Shimano, Sram, MucOff and Lazer Helmets. Raffles will be called 1pm at the registration area. Grab some lunch, recover and listen for your number!

No license is required for Dickerson Mine Endurance.
IMG_3258 (3).PNG

I’m already signed up for this too but please don’t anyone push me out of the way as you blow past me.

7-8 miles seems like a long loop for a 3 hour lap based endurance race. Guessing the fastest people can do like ~30 minute laps?

Might sign up and aim for 3 laps, though that's probably optimistic.

7-8 miles seems like a long loop for a 3 hour lap based endurance race. Guessing the fastest people can do like ~30 minute laps?

Might sign up and aim for 3 laps, though that's probably optimistic.

35-40 minutes would be my guess. I wasn't planning on racing this but now I got a new bike to ride it's probably going to happen.

Oof same day as Mountain Man at LewMo. Kinda want to do that too.

35-40 minutes would be my guess. I wasn't planning on racing this but now I got a new bike to ride it's probably going to happen.

Oof same day as Mountain Man at LewMo. Kinda want to do that too.

Yeah, 30 minutes was kind of a wildly optimistic best case. Just seems like the range of laps for the fast guys is going to be limited to like 5-6 so not a ton to differentiate.

Yeah, 30 minutes was kind of a wildly optimistic best case. Just seems like the range of laps for the fast guys is going to be limited to like 5-6 so not a ton to differentiate.

total time will play into it too dont worry

total time will play into it too dont worry

Yeah of course, just seems like a long loop for a 3 hour race where the selling point is "Complete the most number of laps within the 3 hours and be crowned Queen or King in your category! Sit atop The Iron Throne of Dickerson Mine for one year until they try to dethrone you the following year."

i mean, anything shorter and youll get sick of riding in circles no?

And course crowding with up to 125 people. Not intending to criticize the organizers, just feels like the loop length would be better for a 4+ hour race if total number of laps was going to be a differentiator.

And course crowding with up to 125 people. Not intending to criticize the organizers, just feels like the loop length would be better for a 4+ hour race if total number of laps was going to be a differentiator.

I think you are now arguing both for and against a longer loop.

Short time format = shorter loop
Large number of people = longer loop

Honestly after 10 minutes nobody will really notice anyone else on the course. We used to do the 24 Allamuchy race with like 450+ people and after the start it was like you were in the woods all by yourself most of the time.

I think you are now arguing both for and against a longer loop.

I am 😂

I guess I'm really arguing that the loop is long relative to the duration of the event. But I also think that it's totally fine and I'm sure that it will be an awesome event that I'll likely sign up for.

Back
Top Bottom