Dickerson Mine Endurnace Oct 29 2023

I can’t make it- one of the horses was walking Funny this morning, and I spent a bit too much time fixing it. Seem to have it cleared up but I’ll be way late if I start to drive now from new paltz. If anyone wants a QR code let me know!

Today was perfect. Ok we could have gone without the rain, but it wasn’t heavy until we all left.

The course was great. It just flowed incredibly well and threw in the occasional rock garden to keep you on your toes. Very well marked!

Great to meet @iman29 . Good seeing the MTBNJ crew (@MadisonDan @Glenn Rides After 4 PM CST @Kirt ) …I’m sure many others were there. Sorry I didn’t introduce myself.

My last lap on the lollipop loop had me riding with a badass kid on a Rocky Mountain. Great kid… future on his bike is promising!

Thanks to Jesse and Jeremy for doing some trail work bouldering on Friday. It was awesome seeing the work today.

Lastly the Marty’s staff was phenomenal. The volunteers directing the bike traffic.

I accomplished my 3 goal for this year. I’ll be back next year to improve that.

Great event today to see everyone in person

@Cole
@Gene
@MadisonDan
@Glenn Rides After 4 PM CST
@Stef (winner!)

This was a test of my skills and perseverance with 2 crashes and a mechanical issue afterwards where I was able to bend the rear der back myself and finish another 1.5 laps. Also lucky the shop was able to straighten everything out and get it running smooth after the event for minimal cost.

I set a goal for 3 laps before the rain forecast.
As mentioned the rain was never that bad but it did add to the challenge especially for me.
After lap 2 I had bumps and scrapes but didn’t feel that bad but debated to call it a day at 2::20 mark. Pushed myself and Went for 3 and finished 40th in my Age group and not DFL.

Unfortunately after I got home it turns out I got injured worse than I thought after the 2nd crash. I don’t want to drag down all the positive vibes for this event so I’ll share any updates on the Boo Boos thread instead.

Great work and organization by the Marty’s crew for my first real MTB endurance event.

Results up (not sure if these are official):

Great event today to see everyone in person

@Cole
@Gene
@MadisonDan
@Glenn Rides After 4 PM CST
@Stef (winner!)

This was a test of my skills and perseverance with 2 crashes and a mechanical issue afterwards where I was able to bend the rear der back myself and finish another 1.5 laps. Also lucky the shop was able to straighten everything out and get it running smooth after the event for minimal cost.

I set a goal for 3 laps before the rain forecast.
As mentioned the rain was never that bad but it did add to the challenge especially for me.
After lap 2 I had bumps and scrapes but didn’t feel that bad but debated to call it a day at 2::20 mark. Pushed myself and Went for 3 and finished 40th in my Age group and not DFL.

Unfortunately after I got home it turns out I got injured worse than I thought after the 2nd crash. I don’t want to drag down all the positive vibes for this event so I’ll share any updates on the Boo Boos thread instead.

Great work and organization by the Marty’s crew for my first real MTB endurance event.
Hope you are ok!!

What a great event. My first time riding a Endurance style race. Only managed 3 lapsi. in 2h30m I cracked at mile 17. Couldn't put out any sort of power. Legs were cramping and couldn't stand up to pedal.

Looking forward to next year already.
Thanks to all the Marty's crew. Everyone was so helpful and professional. ❤️

I would like to relay the same sentiments as everyone else.
This event was awesome and very well done. All the volunteers and even the spectators were great.
I managed 3 laps after cramping on lap 2. Should have stopped but the cramps went away only to come back on lap 3 lol. I managed 34th and I am happy with that. Didn't even think I would do 3 laps lol.
Drove home with the seat set all the way back to keep my legs straight. Hahahahaha

I would like to relay the same sentiments as everyone else.
This event was awesome and very well done. All the volunteers and even the spectators were great.
I managed 3 laps after cramping on lap 2. Should have stopped but the cramps went away only to come back on lap 3 lol. I managed 34th and I am happy with that. Didn't even think I would do 3 laps lol.
Drove home with the seat set all the way back to keep my legs straight. Hahahahaha
I'm the opposite I was feeling great on lap two, thinking I was going to shoot for four. Lap 3 was rough. Maybe 4 next year

I'm the opposite I was feeling great on lap two, thinking I was going to shoot for four. Lap 3 was rough. Maybe 4 next year
I'm gonna try to be more prepared for next year as well. Thought I was but saw some things I could do better. This was my 1st endurance race. Next year, I can't use that excuse lol

Agree with everyone, great race!

I screwed up the start. I was in the men's open category but was apparently behind a row of the 45+ field. I saw the people leave, tried to make my way through, had to duck under the tape, caught the back of the pack entering the singletrack, then immediately had the fast guys in 45+ yelling at me to get out of the way. That all sucked, but settled into the rest of the race, took pretty leisurely stops each lap and did 4 laps in 3:32. Definitely learned a lot and this has me considering doing a few more races next year.

Agree with everyone, great race!

I screwed up the start. I was in the men's open category but was apparently behind a row of the 45+ field. I saw the people leave, tried to make my way through, had to duck under the tape, caught the back of the pack entering the singletrack, then immediately had the fast guys in 45+ yelling at me to get out of the way. That all sucked, but settled into the rest of the race, took pretty leisurely stops each lap and did 4 laps in 3:32. Definitely learned a lot and this has me considering doing a few more races next year.
Haha I did the same thing. But I should have just stayed behind them

Back
Top Bottom