Dickerson Mine Preserve Conditions

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Got out for some TM with @3MTA3 yesterday morning. Ground was frozen when we started but didn't seem to get sloppy when it thawed. We started fixing 2 bad mudholes on Creek Trail. Rocks were of course not close to where we needed them but we found them. We'll finish up the last bit soon but this should hold up awesome once settled.
Before:
20230218_102309.jpg

After:
20230218_115056.jpg

And only finished 1 side of the real bad spot:
20230218_131616.jpg

kaitlyn

I was out there before the snow came yesterday, and Marty's is still be ridden. I guess the sign helps, but there was a fresh tire track cutting right into the berm. That sucks, I hate to see all that hard work getting trashed.
I also can't wait to it dries out and I get to try the drop that's been put in. Thanks, trail gnomes!

gmb3

JORBA.ORG
Seemed a little damp and could use another day to dry but I only saw a little bit. Went back and finished the nasty spot on Creek Trail today. Once this settles in, it should do wonders for the mud situation on that trail. Spots we worked last time seemed to do their job with the recent precipitation.

Before:
20230305_123716.jpg

After:
20230305_143538.jpg

Rock/mud causeway with trench on each side. It should dry in perfectly.

tonyride

Don't piss off the red guy
I rode there last night and conditions were perfect. I like all the new features they're working on at Marty's trail.

gmb3

JORBA.ORG
Heck yeah, glad it's holding up! Don't like that one rock moving though, may need some more mud cement. Just one more spot on Creek trail to armor if we want it to truly be "always good" though (between the last 2 spots we armored, close to lower one)

reminder of the video spot's "before" pic:
20230218_102309-jpg.207664

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Heck yeah, glad it's holding up! Don't like that one rock moving though, may need some more mud cement. Just one more spot on Creek trail to armor if we want it to truly be "always good" though (between the last 2 spots we armored, close to lower one)

reminder of the video spot's "before" pic:
20230218_102309-jpg.207664
Move the trail?

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Good stuff George! I pretty much quit riding that trail as it got worse and worse every year. Cool to see some work going into it 👍 Ive always started from the gravel lot so creek trail is a nice way to break up the fire road climb.

ebarker9

Awesome work on creek trail and the new Marty's stuff is also really cool.

Saw some teenagers sessioning the new drops.

"What's the worst that could happen?"

"I could crash and hit my head again and have to sit out for a week"

"Dude, I've hit my head so many times and I'm fine"

😂

gmb3

JORBA.ORG
Rode everything except Yellow and it's all good, including creek trail. Bad spot has dried up perfectly but seems some people missed the causeway so may need to widen it. Also took about 8" off that log that's half blocking creek trail above the other armor spot, but it could use some more with a bigger saw.
20230329_124308.jpg

ebarker9

Out of curiosity, I saw that there are two bridges side by side towards the top of the "new" section of yellow. Is the idea to join them to create something wider?

MarioGed

Out of curiosity, I saw that there are two bridges side by side towards the top of the "new" section of yellow. Is the idea to join them to create something wider?
The one piece off to the side is there just temporarily. We moved it during Marty's ride on Wednesday. Not sure where it is going for good.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Rode everything except Yellow and it's all good, including creek trail. Bad spot has dried up perfectly but seems some people missed the causeway so may need to widen it. Also took about 8" off that log that's half blocking creek trail above the other armor spot, but it could use some more with a bigger saw.
View attachment 210449

This crossing is very well done.
Should go in the "what to do" thread.

kaitlyn

Conditions were perfect, ride today if you can because the rain is coming. The new stuff above marty's is fun, kudos to the trail mavens!
The teeter-totter is gone, though. Ephemeral joys... .

ebarker9

Conditions were perfect, ride today if you can because the rain is coming. The new stuff above marty's is fun, kudos to the trail mavens!
The teeter-totter is gone, though. Ephemeral joys... .

That skills area is really well thought out. You can roll over everything or launch off the features if you're more advanced. I'm still leery of that log drop though.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions