• I have ridden one in a trail for over an hr and I am considering one

Votes: 19 8.0%
  • I’ll never give up my analog bike but I’ll still get an ebike

Votes: 34 14.3%
  • Did he just say analog bike?

Votes: 35 14.7%
  • My knees are failing and an ebike in inevitable

Votes: 16 6.7%
  • My next bike will certainly be an ebike.

Votes: 19 8.0%
  • I’ll never own an ebike, even when I’m 90

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Ebikes cause more trail damage than analog bikes

Votes: 8 3.4%
  • Ebikes have no more trail impact than a traditional bike.

Votes: 63 26.5%
  • I hate anyone on an ebike

Votes: 7 2.9%
  • Anyone on a bike is a friend of mine, ebike or not

Votes: 89 37.4%
  • I’ve been seeing ebikes in the woods regularly

Votes: 50 21.0%
  • I’ve never seen an ebike on the trail

Votes: 15 6.3%
  • It's called an Acoustic bike

Votes: 14 5.9%
  • “I may consider one after my body is all used up and broken"

Votes: 64 26.9%
  • I already own an off-road Ebike

Votes: 30 12.6%
  • I have no interest in an e-bike

Votes: 13 5.5%
  • Arguing against ebikes is kerfuffle

Votes: 13 5.5%
  • I like Matty no matter what he rides

Votes: 17 7.1%

• Total voters
Interested to see what you think of the Yamaha drive and interface. Generally, I love the PW X-2 setup on my YDX Moro Pro, but I'm not a fan of the handlebar mounted display. It seems vulnerable and has taken some hits. (although it has survived almost 3 years of my abuse so far)
Just got it in a couple days ago and haven't ridden it yet but I'm excited to.

Am I missing something? Is “e-bike” a generic term for a “pedal assist” AND a “powered/throttle” bike? Or is e-bike meant in this forum for just pedal assist bikes? Or just full powered ones?

I own a pedal assist MTB. Love, love, love it. I rode trails last week I gave up on 10 yrs ago and did them twice! I’m 66, total knee replaced, and advocate strongly for them IF you no longer feel you’re up for the full “bonk” of unassisted pedalling. I only wish I could pedal faster than 20 mph. I miss that full on pump!

However, I strongly deplore throttled bikes on trails. Not sure why really. Jealousy? No. Not that. I think it’s more that there needs to be some effort expended off-road to keep the playing field level. Several full power fat tire bikes passed me going up hill at Mohonk last week and it pissed me off. They were wearing flip flops and pulling a cooler on wheels. Not a “mountain biker” in my book.

I suppose I appreciate the sweat equity required to get “off the beaten path” that alludes to a camaraderie not found with a full powered bike. Prejudice in some way I’m sure but that’s my humble opinion.

Am I missing something? Is “e-bike” a generic term for a “pedal assist” AND a “powered/throttle” bike? Or is e-bike meant in this forum for just pedal assist bikes? Or just full powered ones?

I own a pedal assist MTB. Love, love, love it. I rode trails last week I gave up on 10 yrs ago and did them twice! I’m 66, total knee replaced, and advocate strongly for them IF you no longer feel you’re up for the full “bonk” of unassisted pedalling. I only wish I could pedal faster than 20 mph. I miss that full on pump!

However, I strongly deplore throttled bikes on trails. Not sure why really. Jealousy? No. Not that. I think it’s more that there needs to be some effort expended off-road to keep the playing field level. Several full power fat tire bikes passed me going up hill at Mohonk last week and it pissed me off. They were wearing flip flops and pulling a cooler on wheels. Not a “mountain biker” in my book.

I suppose I appreciate the sweat equity required to get “off the beaten path” that alludes to a camaraderie not found with a full powered bike. Prejudice in some way I’m sure but that’s my humble opinion.
I'd say for this forum/thread, when someone says e-bike, it's Class 1, pedal assist.

Nothing that costs that much should have a fox 34 on it lol....especially not an ebike.

from the article

Porsche releases two new electric bikes and you better sit down for the price​

It should continue....

And when you do sit down...you will can be sitting on full grain nappa leather with RED stitching and the word PORSCHE embroidered across it in size 22 font.....only a $1600 option.

Since @Carson is getting an old man car, he might as well get a matching old man bike 😃

Bash guard FTW. No idea what they were thinking making a 180mm travel Kenevo with a chunk of plastic under the bb.

Attachments

• IMG_2442.jpeg
    IMG_2442.jpeg
    93.5 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_2443.jpeg
    IMG_2443.jpeg
    89.8 KB · Views: 74
The original crappy plastic bash guard on my Yamaha lasted ONE ride. Of course the bike was new to market and no parts were available at the time, so I had to improvise with a fiberglass/epoxy reinforcement until I could get my hands on an OEM replacement.

I'd say for this forum/thread, when someone says e-bike, it's Class 1, pedal assist.
This.

There are so many different types of e-things out there, that for simplicity's sake there's starting to be a push to split everything into "e-bike" for class 1 and "out-of-class electric vehicles" (OCEVs) for everything else including e-motos. Essentially, OK on trails vs. not cool for trails. editorial published yesterday

Ok, this thing is so much fun. Had it on eco mode 65% of the ride and tour mode 35% of the ride. 61% battery left when I was done with a 15 mile ride. Smile on my face the whole time. My battery will be drained long before the bikes battery will be drained lol.
The motor is really nice feeling, very natural feel to it, even when I kicked it up to full power and blasted down the fire road. And it's super quiet. The bike still feels light and nimble and you don't really notice the extra weight.

20230610_143532.jpg
20230610_143543.jpg

I have mixed feelings about these. I think that it might allow younger kids to do bigger rides and explore more of the world. I also think that they will never ride an analog bike after owning one.
I don't have mixed feeling at all. Getting out there and having fun is what should be the priority until they decide they enjoy it enough to try competing.

They also can't practice descending unless they get up first.

If he never wants to ride an analog bike but always wants to ebike rip what could be better?

Back
Top Bottom