• I have ridden one in a trail for over an hr and I am considering one

Votes: 19 8.0%
  • I’ll never give up my analog bike but I’ll still get an ebike

Votes: 34 14.3%
  • Did he just say analog bike?

Votes: 35 14.7%
  • My knees are failing and an ebike in inevitable

Votes: 16 6.7%
  • My next bike will certainly be an ebike.

Votes: 19 8.0%
  • I’ll never own an ebike, even when I’m 90

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Ebikes cause more trail damage than analog bikes

Votes: 8 3.4%
  • Ebikes have no more trail impact than a traditional bike.

Votes: 63 26.5%
  • I hate anyone on an ebike

Votes: 7 2.9%
  • Anyone on a bike is a friend of mine, ebike or not

Votes: 89 37.4%
  • I’ve been seeing ebikes in the woods regularly

Votes: 50 21.0%
  • I’ve never seen an ebike on the trail

Votes: 15 6.3%
  • It's called an Acoustic bike

Votes: 14 5.9%
  • “I may consider one after my body is all used up and broken"

Votes: 64 26.9%
  • I already own an off-road Ebike

Votes: 30 12.6%
  • I have no interest in an e-bike

Votes: 13 5.5%
  • Arguing against ebikes is kerfuffle

Votes: 13 5.5%
  • I like Matty no matter what he rides

Votes: 17 7.1%

• Total voters
I equate this to giving a 5 year old their own cell phone-kinda ridiculous. And I agree with @jdog.
1686837290954.png

Probably better the kids sit at home playing Call of Duty and being bullied on the internet so they become more effective mass shooters. Outside and exercise is the devil.
The kids sitting in their parents basements playing video games for 15hrs are the same ones that ride ebikes. Normal kids are out riding wheelies for half a mile or BMX.

Reactions: don
Probably better the kids sit at home playing Call of Duty and being bullied on the internet so they become more effective mass shooters. Outside and exercise is the devil.
Let's be real here. Just because someone is bullied and plays FPS games doesn't mean they will ever think about carrying out a mass shooting. In fact, I have thicker skin thanks to some ten years of playing Call of Duty.

I still hold firm on the shame on the parents for buying their kid an ebike train. So many thousands of dollars for a bike as opposed to sub- $500, and one that will soon be outgrown by the kid. If my kid was begging for an ebike, I sure as heck wouldn't give them one. That's called good parenting, as you deal with what you have.

Picked up a like new ebike for my wife. She's not a rider and hasn't ridden since she was a kid. Post breast cancer hormone therapy drugs killing her joints and back. But gave it a shot on the Columbia Trail and she did pretty good, a little white knuckled but hung on and started to enjoy it. I was surprised by the torque and speed. I hit 22 in pedal assist 3 going up a slope. I can ride my mtb bike next to her and enjoy a ride with her for the first time.
So kinda get the older folks cruising on ebikes.

Attachments

• 20230610_153824.jpg
    20230610_153824.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 61
Let's be real here. Just because someone is bullied and plays FPS games doesn't mean they will ever think about carrying out a mass shooting. In fact, I have thicker skin thanks to some ten years of playing Call of Duty.

I still hold firm on the shame on the parents for buying their kid an ebike train. So many thousands of dollars for a bike as opposed to sub- $500, and one that will soon be outgrown by the kid. If my kid was begging for an ebike, I sure as heck wouldn't give them one. That's called good parenting, as you deal with what you have.

This was a sarcastic statement because so many people on the internet seem to have a real issue with kids being outside riding bikes.

Reactions: don
This was a sarcastic statement because so many people on the internet seem to have a real issue with kids being outside riding bikes.

first thing i thought was that they could keep up with their parents on the tow path now.

how fast are these 24" bikes?

Back
Top Bottom