Garmin and iPhone

OK - so reinstalled my watch since it's on me (my Edge 540 is in my car/bike bag). It seemed to upload fine with the GC connect window left open - but I get no text notifications even though that is set up. It's not the end of the world but was something my Pixel did.

Will deal with the Edge 540 either later or tomorrow.

OK - so reinstalled my watch since it's on me (my Edge 540 is in my car/bike bag). It seemed to upload fine with the GC connect window left open - but I get no text notifications even though that is set up. It's not the end of the world but was something my Pixel did.

Will deal with the Edge 540 either later or tomorrow.
Check if watch is in "Do not Disturb" mode. My vivoactive 4s has a device specific setting for this. I set this once while I was home sick so i could sleep and not get woken up and forgot about it for a few days - was driving me nuts until I remembered AND i had the app open.

for example (your watch may have different steps:

Check if watch is in "Do not Disturb" mode. My vivoactive 4s has a device specific setting for this. I set this once while I was home sick so i could sleep and not get woken up and forgot about it for a few days - was driving me nuts until I remembered AND i had the app open.

for example (your watch may have different steps:

there is a setting in notifications to specifically allow when doing an activity, vs not.
the app may need to be open for this also - maybe not tho - at the BT level, a push can be made.
I know connect needs to be open for my watch to know the weather.

Mine works without Connect open even in the background. I just checked all my open apps and confirmed it’s not running and probably hasn’t been for a while. My ride last week uploaded without issue magically on its own.
If the Garmin is connected to WiFi, it will use that too. When it uses WiFi it doesn’t need the connect app. Maybe that’s why? Idk. Idc. lol. Mine works. I’m not messing with it.

If the Garmin is connected to WiFi, it will use that too. When it uses WiFi it doesn’t need the connect app. Maybe that’s why? Idk. Idc. lol. Mine works. I’m not messing with it.
yes - wifi takes priority over the phone connection.

It's funny how we had to plug our Garmin into a computer via USB after each ride. Now we're so used to Bluetooth/WiFi syncing.

I have a PIxel and Forerunner. It works 95% of the time when I have cell phone service. The 5% it doesn't confuses the heck out of me as there's no rhyme or reason.

99% of my rides end in a spot without cell signal. For all those I need to open Garmin Connect once I have cell/wifi signal for my phone and it'll start syncing.

Yes @Santapez remember when we had to wait to see our data?! I suppose I'm just being one of those "instant gratification" people. I haven't had this Garmin for very long so I am still learning how to use this one - but my watch is 10 years old and was usually fine.

I appreciate everyone's input and ideas...maybe I should just ride/run and not worry about it ;-)

I have to have Garmin connect open on my phone before I start an activity.

Can’t have DND set. It seems to be ok during my Focus settings…

I was also trying to get notifications sent to my watch and bike computer. With all of the “notification” settings on the phone, I apparently had most turned off.

I have to have Garmin connect open on my phone before I start an activity.

Can’t have DND set. It seems to be ok during my Focus settings…

I was also trying to get notifications sent to my watch and bike computer. With all of the “notification” settings on the phone, I apparently had most turned off.
good news!

i have found occasionally when I am done with my ride, if it wont sync right away I just need to restart my Garmin 810 (with BT turned on) and then it works. this is more likely because the Garmin is a museum piece and 10+ years old LOL.

good news!

i have found occasionally when I am done with my ride, if it wont sync right away I just need to restart my Garmin 810 (with BT turned on) and then it works. this is more likely because the Garmin is a museum piece and 10+ years old LOL.

press the sync button in Garmin connect?
Or it won't connect to the phone?

press the sync button in Garmin connect?
Or it won't connect to the phone?
all connected just doesn't sync. the app also sometimes acts weird because I have a Garmin watch thats always connected too.

so it shows "connected to iphone" but doesnt sync until i just reboot the garmin device. im so used to it it doesnt even bother me anymore and it happends maybe 1-2 times out of 10 so no big deal.

no, once i reboot the garmin and leave BT turned on the device, it auto connects and syncs without any intervention.

Try just hit the sync button in connect (assuming the 810 is connected) ?
I do that when i'm impatient, cause the watch will eventually sync if the app is open.

Back
Top Bottom