Gas powered bikes?

Norton day in Flemington tomorrow. Bummer it's not at Washington Crossing.

I'll be there with my Bimota. My friend is torn between his Triton and one of the Bimotas. The Triton (Norton featherbed frame, Triumph engine) has a Triumph engine from 1957 and he's ridden it a handful of miles. I think I know where this one will land....
It was a nice turn out with beautiful day for a ride.

It was a nice turn out with beautiful day for a ride.

Absolutely. I went about 175 miles all told. When I left the house, I was at 14 miles on the trip meter which I reset when I did my winter maintenance. That's about when it occurred to me that I hadn't even been on the highway this season. Fortunately, other than a bit of mid-throttle leanness, it ran perfectly.

In the end, my buddy brought his SB6 and another friend brought his Aprilia RSV 1000R Factory. Here we are pulling over so he could discover that the Insta360 he was going to attach was probably lying in the grass alongside I195 somewhere.

db4-gas-stop.jpg

As always, a crazy collection of bikes. We got 'the nod' to park in the main area next to two beautiful early CB750s. For whatever reason, this was the only picture I took. The Bimotas got a lot of love.

db4-norton-day.jpg

Personal favorite was a final version Suzuki RGV250 SP, the only one to have electric start. It was a little patina'd but looked solid. Tires looked like it had seen some track time too. Unfortunately, I never caught up with the owner.

Personal favorite was a final version Suzuki RGV250 SP, the only one to have electric start. It was a little patina'd but looked solid. Tires looked like it had seen some track time too. Unfortunately, I never caught up with the owner.
Loved all of 2 strokes, Old CB 750 Cafe, Old Dirt Bike with Side Car, Old Triumph with Side Car, all of new Tenere 700 Adv Bikes, and much other stuff that I know nothing about

Last edited:
Loved all of 2 strokes, Old CB 750 Cafe, Old Dirt Bike with Side Car, Old Triumph with Side Car, all of new Tenere 700 Adv Bikes, and much other stuff that I know nothing about
The sidecar dirt bike was cool. It was built on a Yankee (https://motocrossactionmag.com/classic-motocross-iron-1971-yankee-500-twin/), a 2 cylinder, 2 stroke I had never heard of. Two of the friends I was with are older than me and know a little bit about everything, especially the weird old British stuff like the Norton with the Vincent engine in it.

Cup bike work continues. It's reached Sculpture Phase.

rs250-cup-sculpture.jpg

Top end off. No horror exposed beyond some truly nasty coolant.

rs250-cup-pistons.jpg

I'm replacing the pistons and putting some nicer cylinders on but still pretty pleased with how everything looks. No vertical play in the piston/rod assembly.

Those long hoses must serve some kind of resonance purpose. They connect back to the same carb mount. My other bike has them blocked off. There are also a couple solenoids that the computer controls to massage the air-fuel ratio under different conditions.

Slowly putting together a to-do list. Pistons, obviously. New powervalves because the stock multi-piece ones like to fail and drop parts into the cylinder. Brake caliper rebuilds. New rear master cylinder. New brake lines. A lot of stuff will be coming from the UK so that adds some time.

I’d be lucky to install new bar end mirrors that’s been in box for couple months.

@mfennell do you exclusively track at NJMP?
Where and what club are you in?

Yes, with Rider's Club, the NJMP-affiliated (owned?) club. They have the most dates.

I was at Lightning yesterday. Warhorse Ducati was there testing with Loris Baz. Eraldo Ferraci was there too. Dude is 85 years old!

Motorcross or Supermoto? Englishtown Raceway PArk used to reconfigure a portion of the road course with some dirt tables for a SuMo course. Otherwise you can look into various enduro, dual sport and hare scramble events down in the pines for some off road action. Some are geared towards moto/enduro bikes but there are some big bike friendly options if you have a multi cylinder adv bike.

@JonF I mean just street bike. Slower speeds and tight turns where you are solo timed.

Hmm I’d be interested to know more about big bike friendly events. Do you know?

@JonF I mean just street bike. Slower speeds and tight turns where you are solo timed.

Hmm I’d be interested to know more about big bike friendly events. Do you know?
The Pine Barrens 300 and 500 are held every year in october. Here's some info from past events.

Back
Top Bottom