Generic Pro Road Cycling Thread

From worst 2021 to first 2022…chapeau.
F96BCFD9-A454-4917-80B5-E4C28484CE34.jpeg

I am hoping they televise these great Spring classics soon on TV. Unfortunately, my DVR has not recorded anything recently based on the search term "cycling."

Its been years since I have seen La Fleche Wallonne and/or the Tour of Flanders.

I am hoping they televise these great Spring classics soon on TV. Unfortunately, my DVR has not recorded anything recently based on the search term "cycling."

Its been years since I have seen La Fleche Wallonne and/or the Tour of Flanders.
It will never happen for all the different races, at least not from one provider. Some of it makes sense from an ownership perspective.
I think wout had the most impressive ride considering it is basically the whole peleton against him and MVDP.

Tour of the Alps, Stage 1
FF439676-1CBB-456A-8E55-0DDFD252B2FB.jpeg

I just realized that GCN gives you a language option… which would have been fun for the Belgian Races… anyway, one of the options is Ambient Sound. This is ideal for WFH background images/noise. No endless blathering on by twiddle dee and twiddle dumb. No network plugs. Just wind, drivetrain noise, cowbells with cheers from the crowds and of course, the intermittent drone of the motos or passing helicopter. Soooo much better for minor races like this.

Tour of the Alps, Stage 1
View attachment 183104
I just realized that GCN gives you a language option… which would have been fun for the Belgian Races… anyway, one of the options is Ambient Sound. This is ideal for WFH background images/noise. No endless blathering on by twiddle dee and twiddle dumb. No network plugs. Just wind, drivetrain noise, cowbells with cheers from the crowds and of course, the intermittent drone of the motos or passing helicopter. Soooo much better for minor races like this.
C. Kirby > Phil leggit

I'd be happy with this stuff being available on one service at this point. I already have Peacock and GCN, I can't bring myself to add Flosports.

Solid race yesterday. While I don't want to dampen the fan experience, something has to be done about those who haphazardly put these racers in jeopardy with their lapses in judgment.

I'd be happy with this stuff being available on one service at this point. I already have Peacock and GCN, I can't bring myself to add Flosports.

Solid race yesterday. While I don't want to dampen the fan experience, something has to be done about those who haphazardly put these racers in jeopardy with their lapses in judgment.
I searched for "Cycling" as a keyword for upcoming shows and I see that both Liege-Bastogne-Liege and La Flèche Wallonne are scheduled to air on CNBC on Sunday, April 24 at 10am and Noon, respectively. So hoping to have these 4 hours recorded on the DVR next Sunday.

I searched for "Cycling" as a keyword for upcoming shows and I see that both Liege-Bastogne-Liege and La Flèche Wallonne are scheduled to air on CNBC on Sunday, April 24 at 10am and Noon, respectively. So hoping to have these 4 hours recorded on the DVR next Sunday.
Both condensed re-airs presumably. Gotta play avoid the spoilers game, lol.

For whatever reason, many of the races seem to be labeled as the actual race name.

Interesting video here, really breaking down team tactics to the minutia, I'm not sure I have seen many videos that really go down this deep into the weeds

WTF, I can’t believe I’m saying this….. but my beloved Giro this year is boring.🤷‍♂️ Hopefully tomorrow’s sprinter friendly stage animates things.

WTF, I can’t believe I’m saying this….. but my beloved Giro this year is boring.🤷‍♂️ Hopefully tomorrow’s sprinter friendly stage animates things.
Ewan crashing himself on the first stage, good.
TT, I never like them
What was with yesterdays stage, were they protesting something? Man, what a snoozer. Also, you just mad Cav won 🤓
Did you hear the comments about Ineos racing like they had the pink jersey? Lol. And big fart noise from Yates today.

OMG, put this sprint stage out of it's misery! I am not sure they could go any slower or make this less exciting.

This thread seems to have been deleted by mistake.

@Patrick did you mean to do that?

@stb222 all yours.
Oh good. I thought I was feeling the delayed after effects of some of my high school choices this morning when I tried to find it…☺️

Any-who. Exploding cork happened to the Dutch winner and the African winner but not the Italian winner ..hmmmmm. Interesting 🤔

Back
Top Bottom