Gopro recommendations please

Without a gimbal stabilizer the helmet is the best place to mount a camera for smooth videos because your head is naturally a stabilizer. I have a chest mounted gimbal and although it works well and keeps the video smooth, it can get in the way sometimes when you have to shift your body around a lot. I'm constantly bumping it when I'm doing technical runs down the trails at Mountain Creek but OK on XC rides. I put the smaller Session on the helmet and it's almost just as smooth. If you have a full face helmet you have multiple mounting options (top of helmet, side of helmet, under the visor, under the chin). Each location has its own advantages.

@Wolfjon seth bike hacks? I couldn't find the video.

I don't really watch too many youtube vids or his but man it looks like his shit took off. Good for him. Living/working the dream

right now you can get a gopro 7 for about $200 after some discounts but for the amount of times I actually use my ancient gopro 2 (once every 6 months) not sure if that money on a 7 is worth it

hello! what about the $50 knock offs? Anyone got those?
I got two knockoffs I call Fauxpro. They're pretty decent but I use them in sketching situations where it is more susceptible to damage or being knocked off its mount. I have a Hero 5 and a Session 5 as my primary sport cams as well. If you want to see the difference you can check out my YouTube channel with some footage from my trip to Moab last Fall. To avoid being accused of shameless self-promotion, PM me if interested and I'll send you the link.

I don't really watch too many youtube vids or his but man it looks like his shit took off. Good for him. Living/working the dream

right now you can get a gopro 7 for about $200 after some discounts but for the amount of times I actually use my ancient gopro 2 (once every 6 months) not sure if that money on a 7 is worth it

I'm in a similar situation. Have an older (might be the 2) version. The 8 looks nice, but not sure I can really justify the money for something I don't use all that much.

He started a second channel called "Berm Peak Express". I believe it was on that channel.

Edit: Yes -

@tonyride just share homie
this is a forum for info!
Alrighty then. I'll link 3 clips covering my GoPro Hero 5, Session 5, and FauxPro cameras with helmet mount, chest mount with gimbal and chest without gimbal.

1. FauxPro chest mount with gimbal:
2. GoPro Hero 5 chest mount without gimbal:
3. GoPro Session 5 Helmet mount:

Last edited:
wait, is it really called the Fauxpro or what is the name/model? cost?

It look a little less clear but you also used a gimball so it's pretty smooth

wait, is it really called the Fauxpro or what is the name/model? cost?

It look a little less clear but you also used a gimball so it's pretty smooth
I jokingly call it a FauxPro. It's actually called UltraProX. I think I paid around $80 and it came with a bunch of mounts and accessories.
IMG_20200617_121708265.jpg
IMG_20200617_121727038.jpg

ah dammit. There was a sale on amazon that after some Amex promo put the gopro 7 under $200 with some accessories. I said I'll order it after my ride and now the price is up. DAMN

okay. I bit on another gopro 7 black kit. $209 after tax and amex points ($24) and ($30) off amex promo. If you have amex check your amazon account for the amex rewards promo. Kit included extra batt, supersuit, and floaty.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom