Heat pumps. Who's using them?

I heat my home with two heat pumps and a fireplace insert/I rarely have to use both heat pumps

You’re more than welcome to come over and check them out
You referring to mini splits?

I have a wood stove to help also

Thanks all...
Of course my my oil tank is 7/8 full.... And it's a Roth tank. I believe it was installed in 2018. I wonder if I'll be able to sell it

Yes. Just post up on craigs list.

tank is probably worth $1k,

Last edited:
Thanks all...
Of course my my oil tank is 7/8 full.... And it's a Roth tank. I believe it was installed in 2018. I wonder if I'll be able to sell it
If I still had the resources I'd be interested in the oil. Should be an easy sale, priced right.

If I still had the resources I'd be interested in the oil. Should be an easy sale, priced right.
Yeah, my guess is the oil company may buy it back after the pump it out...
Mm y question was on the tank. They are double lined tanks, wonder if the warranty is transferable

Yeah, my guess is the oil company may buy it back after the pump it out...
Mm y question was on the tank. They are double lined tanks, wonder if the warranty is transferable

they are selling on ebay.

Any recommendations on what to do with 200 gallons of oil? I was hoping the oil company would take it back but they won't...

Yes. Just post up on craigs list.

tank is probably worth $1k,
Not so fast ghost rider, it depends on where the job is done. Getting our gas conversion approved by the town almost did not happen because the installer was trying to vanish after not being able to provide certified evidence of how he got rid of the oil and rags used during the clean up...

Not so fast ghost rider, it depends on where the job is done. Getting our gas conversion approved by the town almost did not happen because the installer was trying to vanish after not being able to provide certified evidence of how he got rid of the oil and rags used during the clean up...

So you are thinking it is on the installer to clear the old system and hazardous waste?

So you are thinking it is on the installer to clear the old system and hazardous waste?
No, it's on the owner to produce all the necessary documents, the contractor does it on your behalf as you hired them.

I just happened to hire the same contractor to both remove the oil system (above ground tank, furnace and oil) and install the gas combo to replace it...he bragged that he was disposing of the oil dumping it at his cousin's Mercedes dealership...except he could not produce the proper disposal documents after the fact. Not sure how he did it but it took months and several visits to the building inspector to get the whole situation fixed. I cannot entirely exclude the inspector may have eventually taken pity of me, this was just the last of several misfortunes we encountered while fixing the house (not over yet, far from it) that he witnessed in first person...

Around 2010 when I was in NJ we converted to natural gas and hired Petro to pull the tank and take the oil, they produced a certificate. The township came and inspected the removal and that the tank was completely cleaned and then witnessed the document. Not sure if it's the same today (or worse). Years later in 21' I sold the house we were required to provide that certificate as proof. The buying couples mortgage company would not complete the close until I provided the document. I had it in a filing cabinet but also made a copy and stored it in the cloud. Both came in handy!

So if my plan to just remove my abandoned tank myself not a good one?

If you couldn't produce a certificate, what then?

Around 2010 when I was in NJ we converted to natural gas and hired Petro to pull the tank and take the oil, they produced a certificate. The township came and inspected the removal and that the tank was completely cleaned and then witnessed the document. Not sure if it's the same today (or worse). Years later in 21' I sold the house we were required to provide that certificate as proof. The buying couples mortgage company would not complete the close until I provided the document. I had it in a filing cabinet but also made a copy and stored it in the cloud. Both came in handy!
I believe a copy should be deposited with the town. If that is not the case I need to start 'digging' for it. And yes, it has gotten worse (or better) since then in terms of requirements. Or so I'm told.

So if my plan to just remove my abandoned tank myself not a good one?

If you couldn't produce a certificate, what then?
If it's on record with the town you're screwed, if it isn't Fight Club is an option. Mostly depend on its age, older houses may have stuff underground that nobody knows about.

I'd recommend contacting the town to confirm their requirements. I was in Clark and they were somewhat strict. If I did not have that certificate then there would be no CO and sale would be delayed until there was some sort of environment assessment (not sure what they called it). Your town may be different though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom