House Addition

Yea, whiter than I remember when we picked them out. And I wish sides of the island were made with the same material as the face.
It’s gonna all look great when it’s done.

That could be a panel you might be able to order or at least match something up down the road.

Our center island has a side panel “blank”
That matches the rest instead of the bare wood.

But as you can see they messed up the sizing on the back panel comes to the floor it was supposed to have space for toe kick underneath like the side panel does. We debated for 2 weeks to cut it and decided to just leave it.

There’s always something that doesn’t end up 100% and our kitchen demo and remodel was in 2006 and we left it this way because 🤷🏻‍♂️

image.jpg

It’s gonna all look great when it’s done.

That could be a panel you might be able to order or at least match something up down the road.

Our center island has a side panel “blank”
That matches the rest instead of the bare wood.

But as you can see they messed up the sizing on the back panel comes to the floor it was supposed to have space for toe kick underneath like the side panel does. We debated for 2 weeks to cut it and decided to just leave it.

There’s always something that doesn’t end up 100% and our kitchen demo and remodel was in 2006 and we left it this way because 🤷🏻‍♂️

View attachment 238552
Yea, he asked if we wanted them for the back side, and we figured no, because stools would block it. Didn't think about the sides

Where are the better kitchen and bath showcases in NJ? Need some ideas other than magazines and catalog
While I like to support local businesses, we did our kitchen cabinet design at Home Depot. The more we bought, the bigger the discounts. We also waited until November when there was holiday specials and incentives. Appliances from a local, not big box, store. Bathrooms were done with help from a friend who's a mfg rep and told us where to go.

Last edited:
At my old house, I went the same route and went to Home Depot. The lady was extremely knowledgeable (maybe a needle in a haystack) when it came to design and cabinets. They were "semi" custom and came with a bunch of upgrades and discounts. Did the same for my sisters condo and she loved it as well. I think I did mine around Memorial Day for the sale.

So, they found out they no longer had the original counters we picked the day they went to cut it. Had to pick a back up and they installed at 8p least night...
1000000651.jpg
1000000652.jpg
1000000653.jpg
1000000654.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20240523_020414645.jpg
    PXL_20240523_020414645.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Yeah man looks terrific!

We had an issue with our countertops too when we ordered called “blew up the budget on tile, cabinets and appliances. so after we had Thanksgiving with plywood scraps, we went with laminate textured counters that look like what we wanted. Have to say it’s been 16 years and they are holding up pretty well. And if somehow we win the lottery one day it’s an easy upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom