Is the inflated Bike market finally crashing?

Costco Online…

Can be had for 1500 bucks.

View attachment 233393
1708971620548.png

Man, is that how Giant is perceived these days.
I remember they were the bomb 20 years ago. Trance, Anthem, Glory, Danny Hart, some other XC racer

I had 2 Trance Xs, one from a shop that closed down and the other from Halter's. I loved Giant bikes until they started putting too much of their own what I consider critical components that are inferior to save a few bucks.

Man, is that how Giant is perceived these days.
I remember they were the bomb 20 years ago. Trance, Anthem, Glory, Danny Hart, some other XC racer
Lenosky was a giant sponsored rider for years

I had Kmart and Dicks Sporting Goods bikes growing up. I totally agree that for general riding for young kids, big box store bikes are great, especially if your family isn’t wealthy. And yes, while I could’ve gone to a more expensive bike in high school years, my $300 diamondback coil ex bikes did work totally fine for me. The forks suck though. Once those were worn out and I was continuing with riding, then we went to a LBS and got a closeout bike, which i still have.

My Jamis rep was in the other day and told me how much excess inventory they had. I can't imagine how much Trek has.

TLDR. Haven't met a sales goal in 15 months. 10% reduction in spending coming. 40% reduction of Sku's by '26. Let the good times roll.

I'd be in favor of a reduction in product lines across a lot of manufacturers. For something like a fork, would it not be adequate to have, at most, three models for a given platform? Instead of Ultimate, Ultimate Plus, Super Ultimate, Extra Ultimate SL, Select Plus Ultimate...

Seems like that is a Giant problem considering the lack of depth in most peoples consciousness nowadays. 😂😂

Brand image is much more than a sticker on a downtube

The other side of Giant is they give the best designs to their customers like Trek and then use a second tier system for their own stuff. On paper everything they make seems great, but in practice they all seem to be missing something. And uh, conduct braking? Not sure what planet that makes sense 😂

Seems like that is a Giant problem considering the lack of depth in most peoples consciousness nowadays. 😂😂

Brand image is much more than a sticker on a downtube
The other side of Giant is they give the best designs to their customers like Trek and then use a second tier system for their own stuff. On paper everything they make seems great, but in practice they all seem to be missing something. And uh, conduct braking? Not sure what planet that makes sense 😂
Is this why trek uses such big Gd letters on their downtube stickers?

RIP

It doesn't look good.

They do have orders in for new bikes coming from asia, so more bikes will have to be sold somehow. Something tells me that these may be coming to a costco near you.

The other shoe has fallen....I think there will be more of these situations coming in the industry in the next year or so...and some may be bigger names than Kona!

• Sad
Reactions: Ejd

The other shoe has fallen....I think there will be more of these situations coming in the industry in the next year or so...and some may be bigger names than Kona!

This is also telling

Back
Top Bottom