Mounting Saguaro TNT on Stans Arch

Scalpeler

So i got a new Geax Saguaro TNT for my birthday and tried mounting it last night and spent way too much time sweating, cursing failing miserably.

I know its supposed to be a tight seal and all but I can't get this tire anywhere close to mounting.

Any suggestions?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

So i got a new Geax Saguaro TNT for my birthday and tried mounting it last night and spent way too much time sweating, cursing failing miserably.

I know its supposed to be a tight seal and all but I can't get this tire anywhere close to mounting.

Any suggestions?

I had the same experience. I took them to Halters and Chris magically mounted them in five minutes with a pair of Pedros levers.

It definitely on my list of strategies to getting this tire on.

It isn't easy, I was trying to put a Barro Race on a Flow and could of swore I bent the rim trying to install it. After a little pep talk from Spencer I went back in on it and was able to pry this on. I flatted it and had to cut it off though.

What Manny said + two Pedros levers. I ended up wedging mine under a coffee table for extra leverage.

I tried last week on an EX and was unsuccesful.

Quitter.

You get a gift reciept? Imagine doing this on the trail 20 miles in the middle of nowhere.

Thanks for the insights. Another hour of the same success. And to boot I just noticed I mounted my new Toro on backwards. :banghead:

Im going to try a different color pedros lever. The yellows aren't working ...maybe the pinks will:rolleyes:

I've heard the secret is to find a buddy with c29ssmax's and mount them overnight. It stretches them just enough to get onto Stan's rims I've been told, by somebody in the know, who may or may not run a bike shop that is spoken about frequently on mtbnj...

Success. The tire is on. Now I just need to find the coordination and patience to find the balance of chain tension and no rubbing from the rotor to caliper.

Back
Top Bottom