Mt Penn - Reading, PA

onetracker

Cool. Glad you had fun! French Creek is a bit better and bigger that Gov Dick IMO. GD is really close to my Uncle’s house but I would not call it a destination. They are both fun and worth hitting if you are close by, but not worth a big drive. I tend to hit FC when I am in Emmaus.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Cool. Glad you had fun! French Creek is a bit better and bigger that Gov Dick IMO. GD is really close to my Uncle’s house but I would not call it a destination. They are both fun and worth hitting if you are close by, but not worth a big drive. I tend to hit FC when I am in Emmaus.

The basketball venue is NW of Lancaster so if we were to stay in that area (which is saying something because there ain't shit but fields there) we would be like 20 minutes away.

TBD but I do appreciate having options.

onetracker

That part of PA is beautiful but there is not much around. There may be camping options available if you are open to going that route. But TBH I really do not know since we have family ~20mins away from GD. One thing to note is that GD is pretty off limits after moderate+ rain. It does not drain well, has a mature canopy and sees a good amount of use. Enjoy! Curious to hear what you think!

Ryan.P

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Solid jumps for sure . I basically just sessioned the jump line , my fitness is well non existent atm . Some dh bros ripping big bikes and getting shuttled . I'd be curious to check out the other trails when I'm more fit because the elevation adds up quickly. The upper section of a-line looks to be 90% complete and will seriously be a killer top to bottom run . Well built stuff , I was confident to send everything first run . Definitely worth the drive for me and ill be going back for sure .
VideoCapture_20230205-122337.jpg

mtn

I was at Gov Dick today for hiking and it really is a unique spot compared to riding around here. Lots of bouldering areas if you are into that as well. And there are a ton of rock roller/drop features that would certainly scare me on a bike, but fun for someone. And the tower is an obvious spot to check out too. So cool and nice that they have embraced activities rather than limiting them..cough fed and nj state parks cough.

Top Bottom