Nassau 9/25/21

dvaidya

Looking to ride the trail on Saturday. I am hoping the rain until Friday morning will not create any issues.

Also, anyone have a recommendation for 60 to 90 minute ride loop that we can do what is a cross between CR and 6MR? Also, any strava links of that loop would be helpful, since I will be riding there for the first time and majority of the group riding are just starting out.

PS: if anyone who is familiar with the trails is riding Saturday and willing to lead a group of beginner let me know the start time :)

Looking to ride the trail on Saturday. I am hoping the rain until Friday morning will not create any issues.

Also, anyone have a recommendation for 60 to 90 minute ride loop that we can do what is a cross between CR and 6MR? Also, any strava links of that loop would be helpful, since I will be riding there for the first time and majority of the group riding are just starting out.

PS: if anyone who is familiar with the trails is riding Saturday and willing to lead a group of beginner let me know the start time :)

I was there today riding with rick. Great conditions and it seems to dry out after a day or two. This is the usual loop I do - in the time range you requested:

https://www.strava.com/activities/6001954264

Confirming with the group but I was thinking to start around 9 or 9:30. Everyone in the group is about hr away.

If you could do 9:00 for 90 minutes moving (easy pace) over 2 hours +/- elapsed I'd be up for leading.
@GSTim you up for sweeping?

If you could do 9:00 for 90 minutes moving (easy pace) over 2 hours +/- elapsed I'd be up for leading.
@GSTim you up for sweeping?

Thank you @Patrick.

We have at least two for 9am start. Just waiting for confirmation from 4 other folks. Hoping to get confirmation from the rest of the group tonight or mid day tomorrow.

Success!
Couple hours in the woods, 1:20 moving.
They were switchbackin' like champs by the end.

1A3AEB46-AA76-4B27-856E-FA9357CB083A.jpeg

@dvaidya in yellow, @Rana, and @Nadir

And we met @TommyF on the trail

Last edited:
hey dvaidya, i think i saw you guys when you left. I arrived back from my ride via Nassau Rd around 1130ish. Glad you guys made out alright!

Yep, you might have seen us. We left right around that time. I am going to setup a schedule to ride 6MR at least 3 times a week doing the red to Middlebush an back on white to Jacques Lan, since it’s only 15 minutes from home. Hit Nassau on Saturday.

The more I ride the better I will get.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions