OOS MOGA

Thanks Paul. I’m not usually caught on film. I guess I’m playing around with track stands. Intro pick for @tomx87 on the left. It was his first MTBNJ group ride. Over 70 people were there riding. Great to see so many familiar faces out there yesterday!

I have to say that pic is distorted though. While Tom is a big guy he’s about half the size in real life.
Sweet pics, thanks for posting. It was an awesome day, lot of great riders came out. Victor thanks again for the invite

I will either be in one of the 3 mooches, TOS or Wildcat, but that is a big if, wifey hasn't been letting me ride as of late.
Do you need an emergency call from an irate customer requiring your intervention at their data center located in a remote location in RSP that can only be reached by MTB? Just say the word...

Arghhh, @Patrick, in 3 minutes?!?!?! How long is a moment?!?!

Last edited:
I think she is under the mistaken impression that we do this for fun. When in actuality, we hate this sport and we tolerate it enough to better our health so that we will be able to support our loving family for the long run.
No that is completely the only reason I was ever let out of the house to begin with. I think she is just trying to get rid of me now.

In all honesty she isn't a morning person and I leave real early and the kids bother her instead of me and pretty sure that is the main reason lol. Can't go later cause activities with kids just doesn't happen

No that is completely the only reason I was ever let out of the house to begin with. I think she is just trying to get rid of me now.

In all honesty she isn't a morning person and I leave real early and the kids bother her instead of me and pretty sure that is the main reason lol. Can't go later cause activities with kids just doesn't happen
Is it acceptable to give kids sleeping pills early in the morning to keep them sleeping during the weekend? Alternatively, a good old pass over the open gas burner for a wiff of natural gas (should do the same) ? Asking for a friend...;)

You're pretty much living the same life as me when mine were young. Though I was a roadie at the time and switched to diaper changing then coaching. Not to lie, it really won't ratchet down till they get to HS years when they don't want you around. Have your kids close in age and get yourself fixed when done. Nothing more demoralizing than watching an old dad pushing around a stroller... Ride when you can get out and appreciate the time that you have. Life's too short to bitch and moan about life itself.

You're pretty much living the same life as me when mine were young. Though I was a roadie at the time and switched to diaper changing then coaching. Not to lie, it really won't ratchet down till they get to HS years when they don't want you around. Have your kids close in age and get yourself fixed when done. Nothing more demoralizing than watching an old dad pushing around a stroller... Ride when you can get out and appreciate the time that you have. Life's too short to bitch and moan about life itself.
I am an old dad pushing around a stroller LOL. My older brother had kids 10 years before me and his wife just keeps saying I don't know how you do it at this age(she's a year older than me). My younger brother is in the same age range as me with kids so she says it to both of us.
Currently coaching on Saturdays and for a good while she was ok with me riding Sunday mornings to get in shape and just let me do something I like, but lately she has wanted to sleep in which means I have to be around, she also doesn't have a hobby so I think there is a little jealousy.

I need to get her a hobby and out more, I don't mind taking the kids solo for a while as long as I can get out and ride a few days a week. They love hiking so we do that.

I am an old dad pushing around a stroller LOL. My older brother had kids 10 years before me and his wife just keeps saying I don't know how you do it at this age(she's a year older than me). My younger brother is in the same age range as me with kids so she says it to both of us.
Currently coaching on Saturdays and for a good while she was ok with me riding Sunday mornings to get in shape and just let me do something I like, but lately she has wanted to sleep in which means I have to be around, she also doesn't have a hobby so I think there is a little jealousy.

I need to get her a hobby and out more, I don't mind taking the kids solo for a while as long as I can get out and ride a few days a week. They love hiking so we do that.
So why not let her sleep in a bit and go out later on Sundays ? Rides don't have to be at the crack of dawn ya know !

So why not let her sleep in a bit and go out later on Sundays ? Rides don't have to be at the crack of dawn ya know !
Because then I have to do stuff with her and she won't let me go cause she is awake. Basically, it is early morning or not at all and early morning is on condition of approval.
Saturday after coaching I can ride, but I never do cause by then we always have something going on with the kids whether it is play dates or family events or something random like baking pumpkin muffins.

Edit: I will say Friday or Saturday night rides are a possibility, but places are very limited to ride at in NJ.

Fake News.
Show me the way... or at least to the trailhead. 5 feet into the first climb and you will be gone, remember just because you are slow compared to Utah Joe doesn't mean you aren't fast compared to me LOL.

I'm just saying, you can ride pretty much anywhere you want at night. You just generally shouldn't park inside the park.
I guess that really is my bigger issue knowing where to park, but that is a conversation for some other venue

I guess that really is my bigger issue knowing where to park, but that is a conversation for some other venue

I had some similar issues with this. Not gonna give any unsolicited advice to address the problem but for riding, I did a lot of very early and very late rides. Was it the best? Nope. But I got out. I’d suggest the early morning. No one is out. You can park in the park because no one is up, and in the colder months the trails will generally be frozen with the night temps, which means less mud to deal with.

We never have a problem with night rides at Wayway, as long as we park outside the west gate, or we come in from Cherry Ridge off Canister. The rangers often give us a wave as they lock the gate...lol.

Because then I have to do stuff with her and she won't let me go cause she is awake. Basically, it is early morning or not at all and early morning is on condition of approval.
Saturday after coaching I can ride, but I never do cause by then we always have something going on with the kids whether it is play dates or family events or something random like baking pumpkin muffins.

Edit: I will say Friday or Saturday night rides are a possibility, but places are very limited to ride at in NJ.
I feel for ya man. And I thought I had it tough with having two kids with autism, my son being really severe. But what I do have is a super supportive wife, who understands that we both perform much better if we both get a break sometimes. Getting out to ride helps keep me in good enough physical shape to handle his sometimes violent outbursts, and in good enough mental shape to deal with life in general. I guess I'm just super lucky to have a partner who understands this. I'm not saying I don't have to make consessions at times, or have to give up ride time due to family responsibilities, but when I can't get out to ride as much as I'd like, ( like the last few weeks ) , it's never cause I'm " not allowed " , or " don't have permission". By the way @BPaze , my horse is boarded over towards Mooch now, and I'm working the barn 5 or 6 days a week. Maybe some Saturday afternoon we could do some exploring.

Back
Top Bottom