Ramapo or Ringwood 6/2 5:45pm

Engignar

The usual story folks, who is in?

I had an absolute blast at Ringwood last week, EL makes an excellent sherpa. If we can get a consensus tonight then lets go for Ringwood, otherwise top lot at Ramapo.

Shaggz no holding out this time!!!! Be there or be [] a bracket. And not one of those cool new BB30 bottom brackets, I'm talking square taper.

Sorry fellas, but I will preemptively call this. I have missed too many Tuesday opportunities hoping I could meet you on time. Mahlon Dickerson, 7:00 AM for me...

whiteBB.jpg

this means we can do JH iffff I can either run home and grab some stuff during lunch OR I can try and pop out of work a few min early today to get my stuff together. I also need to figure out how to get to JH. Yea yea I know there is a link to directions in the Parks section.

So you want to do JH? Dats a cool man.

yeah, why not...i should not get lost there, I think i know where i am going.
but maybe bring ur light just in case :popcorn:

I'm ready :getsome::getsome: Hope the rain holds off.

The guys in the warehouse were more than a little surprised by my bike (safekeeping). You mean it has hydraulic brakes, like a car?

I'm ready :getsome::getsome: Hope the rain holds off.

The guys in the warehouse were more than a little surprised by my bike (safekeeping). You mean it has hydraulic brakes, like a car?

I am always nervous when I leave my bike in the warehouse. I am afraid a trucker will just throw it in his truck when picking/dropping a load. There is no really "good' place to put it, we dont have a bike rack outside and I dont even own a chain....maybe i should buy one and keep it here, then I can chain it to a rack...just in case.

I think we broke the record today.....4 riders!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:
1972_dancing_monster.gif
1946_headbanging.gif
1975_dancing_banana.gif

Enginar, Robson, Carlos (non-MTBNJ) & Me.

Everything was going great until Rob's tragedy.

Nice 7.5mi loop. I really liked the loop. Twisty single track, rocky at times, that it is still tight & narrow. I guess it helps not too many people ride there. We did all the marked trails (trails on the map). I think a RED section is not on the map :hmmm: But there seems to be other single track shoot outs...maybe worth exploring next time.

Dave u missed the bear on the way out....huge sucker!!

Had a nice short deer chase when the dumb ass jumped onto the trail in front of me and one nice crash.

Only my 2nd time there, but pretty easy to navigate.

Couple o' shots: DUMPTRUCK & DAVE STUCK ON A TREE BY DUMP TRUCK HILL
dumptruck.jpg

davestuck.jpg

In talking to a near-by restaurant owner whose lot borders on JH after a recent ride, there's 4 bears that live back there: a mom/sow and her 2, year old cubs (elz! we spotted them last year on your first ride there) and a 500 lb :scared: male. That conversation effectively ended my night rides there!

Did you hit the unmarked stuff up the east side hill I think .. I think they're making it for the race course or something .. You go through these really skinny trees like bamboos (but they're not bamboos) where your handlebars barely fit through .. It's pretty surreal like other things at JH, but fun :)

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions