Rattling MTB Marathon '24 (was '23) - M.A.S.S.

That starting climb was brutal and pretty much decided the race results. Didn't they do a neutral roll up it to start up top in years following?
I think we only did that once when @kuhndog was running the race. Been doing what @Norm mentioned at least the last 2yrs.

I think we only did that once when @kuhndog was running the race. Been doing what @Norm mentioned at least the last 2yrs.

If this whole group started at the top, it would all be worse. Can you imagine the jockeying into that ST? Seems like it would be a total nightmare.

It was a great spot for a team picture, but that's about it. April '16
12990936_1086174791424268_6361067055605281711_n.jpg

What? 12 minutes at threshold isn’t the ideal way to start a 3+ hour race?
I don’t have a PM on the mtb but I tried not to give it all on the opening climb. Can only imagine I averaged around 350+ for 14 min. 200lbs is tough there! Great course, great seeing everyone. I did the rookie move and changed all my susp and tire pressures and ruined my race. Crashed in the creekbed rockpile and smashed my ankle. 3:17 finish.

Am still sore as hell! Guess I have to do some longer rides to prepare. Fighting cramps from mile 20 until the end and had to slow down. 3:42 finish for 42/65 45+. This was much harder than Dickerson Mine! Looking forward to Iron Furnace at wayway.

Back
Top Bottom