Ringwood State Park Conditions

IMG_5114.jpeg

Guess they don’t want the quads going through the school lot.

Just add some pressure sensitive land mines, set for about 400lbs….. boom, no quads….. or fatties on e bikes.😉

Not saying I would do this, but my sportsman and it's winch can pull them right out of there. I have no reason to know that though.

Not saying I would do this, but my sportsman and it's winch can pull them right out of there. I have no reason to know that though.
A similar measure had been taken at the other end of the same path, as you mentioned it was quickly moved aside. I think a spinning gate would probably work better. In any case there’s another access to the park further up valley road they use, not to mention that some of the biggest offenders’ property borders with the park…

A similar measure had been taken at the other end of the same path, as you mentioned it was quickly moved aside. I think a spinning gate would probably work better. In any case there’s another access to the park further up valley road they use, not to mention that some of the biggest offenders’ property borders with the park…
You are 100% correct. So many ways into the park. I saw them enter the trails from Lot C either last year or the year before. I can't remember exactly, but I remember watching it happen.

Along with that tree, the place needs another day or two to dry out, lots of standing water on the trails Sunday.

It's not like the Ringwood hunter types bunch is having much to show in terms of marksmanship, more of a reason to be extra careful out there...I remember riding in the middle of a bunch of hunters in the old country back in the '90s, they had spent the night waiting for the pass of seasonal birds and I bet to their trained eyes I looked pretty much like a big, fat and brightly colored bird heading for the slaughter...I've never been so fast in getting out of there!
deer-arrow.jpg

No kidding? That's an interesting development
No kidding, it's happening. The machine should have been there yesterday, not sure how today panned out because of the rain. It's coming along greatly for what I could see as the usual suspects (Ellen & Art) have been working there all week with help by some volunteers. @pixychick added some first hand details here...good stuff!
But where will all the hornets live? Always thought that trail should have been renamed “ the second rider gets stung in the face” trail.
Asa matter of fact there are and they did sting.

Parking Lot C is closed until Thursday Oct 12. Machines will be diverting some of the water that is draining down into the parking lot. The eroded fire road that leads down the hill into the parking lot will most likely be closed for longer. A new trail will replace that. Yes, a new trail! Not very long, but it should be an improvement for those that ride out of Lot C. We hope to open that trail soon.

This work is all to allow for a parking lot resurfacing project that the park has planned for spring.

We have had a bit of rain, so it is highly recommended to stay away from Lot C and a small portion of Crossover Trail just above the lot until the lot reopens or we post up improved conditions. Thanks for observing the closure.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions