Ringwood State Park Conditions

IMG_1826.jpg

Progress on drains and trail tread on fire road. When done, it should be flowing and fun to ride through as well as staying dry. May need a few days to dry out after the work, though. Much rain has fallen recently on already wet trails. That being said, it was not as bad as I thought it would be, but best to stay off for the rest of the week. We would rather it be dry enough to pack and not be getting washed off your bike in your driveway. 🙄

IMG_1832.jpg

Entrance to the new trail out of Lot C ^. Still plenty more to do to complete the trail, but some good progress has been made. Watch for a volunteer work day, maybe next weekend.

No bee stings for me today, YAY !!!!

Lot C should be getting reopened today. The new trail out of the lot is roughed in enough to follow. We will be doing more finish work over the next few weeks. Hoping to have a volunteer work day on Sunday Oct 15.

Was on Warm Puppy yesterday for the first time in a while….. someone stole all the dirt, nothing but rocks left…. Dam dirt stealers, on the bright side it’s impossible to get your bike muddy on it.😳

Was on Warm Puppy yesterday for the first time in a while….. someone stole all the dirt, nothing but rocks left…. Dam dirt stealers, on the bright side it’s impossible to get your bike muddy on it.😳
When were you there last time, during the swinging '60s?

Anyone around tomorrow to lead a ride through. Not positive yet if I can make it but mid morning.

Given the amount of water and the reports of fallen trees in the residential areas around the park I would expect the trails having sustained some level of damage.

Yep, that makes it worse. Anyone in insurance know how this plays out?
My brother in law had a tree from a neighbor’s yard fall on his pool. It was put down as an “ act of god” and his home owners insurance paid for it. …. My house is backed up on water company’s land. They had old elm tree that was sick. I reported it to my home owners insurance company. They told me to document 3 different complaints to the water company ( names, date and content). After informing the water co of the documented conversations, they sent someone to cut down the tree.

I’ve been cleaning up fallen branches and limbs constantly from storms. I am also noticing some riders are too heavy on the brakes in the turns, ripping rocks and dirt up and creating ruts. It’s fun to go fast but some people need to realize they are not on an MX track…

Last edited:
I’ve been cleaning up fallen branches and limbs constantly from storms. I am also noticing some riders are too heavy on the brakes in the turns, ripping rocks and dirt up and creating ruts. It’s fun to go fast but some people need to realize they are not on an MX track…
Dude, they are roosting like the see the cool guys do in videos. If those fire guys on pink bike do it, they should too.🙄

Could not go for a ride in the snow but the quad traffic was intensive so I guess it won’t be worth going for one anyway…

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions