RIP Ken Block #43

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
My son is just 16 and told me this morning that Ken is one of the main reasons he got into cars. Ken's influence on drifting and custom cars and just general car culture was clearly huge.

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Definitely a huge influence in car culture. Sad loss. Haven't car racers learned to stay away from snow sports yet?

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
what a bummer...I feel like this is typical of guys like him....survives driving a rally car for years, dies on a snowmobile.

ekuhn

what a bummer...I feel like this is typical of guys like him....survives driving a rally car for years, dies on a snowmobile.
I feel its the chase of that adrenaline rush....im assuming similar to any other addiction. Can't duplicate that feeling...so keep chasing it.

don

So sad to hear this. I had a pair of Droors jeans and plenty of DC Shoes back in the 90's. I think Block was still part of the company when DC had an absolute killer BMX team - or at least I hope to think he had an influence on it.

I saw on one of the IG feeds that he could ride a dirt bike pretty well and guinea pig tested the first Mega Ramp on a dirt bike to show what speed was needed. I tried to find more about it but couldn't. Then found some rad stuff that he did with mountain bikes.

Had a stacked garage of Specialized bikes. From the vid sounds like he had trails close to his house and rode them pretty frequently. That shuttle rig 🤤

And this pic of him and Steve Peat is sweet!

ken_block.jpg

Last edited:

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So sad to hear this. I had a pair of Droors jeans and plenty of DC Shoes back in the 90's. I think Block was still part of the company when DC had an absolute killer BMX team - or at least I hope to think he had an influence on it.

I saw on one of the IG feeds that he could ride a dirt bike pretty well and guinea pig tested the first Mega Ramp on a dirt bike to show what speed was needed. I tried to find more about it but couldn't. Then found some rad stuff that he did with mountain bikes.

Had a stacked garage of Specialized bikes. From the vid sounds like he had trails close to his house and rode them pretty frequently. That shuttle rig 🤤

View attachment 203974

That’s sick, I didn’t know he was into mountain bikes. Makes sense tho. Dude was good at everything.

Cole

View attachment 203974

Ugh, wish I didn't watch this. The first few minutes talking about the kids and family, make it much worse. With the stuff he did, I'm sure the wife knew this was a
possibility... It may be cryptic, but as more details come out, I hope he was doing something crazy when it happened, not just riding along...

don

Ugh, wish I didn't watch this. The first few minutes talking about the kids and family, make it much worse. With the stuff he did, I'm sure the wife knew this was a
possibility... It may be cryptic, but as more details come out, I hope he was doing something crazy when it happened, not just riding along...
Weird to say but I agree - I hope he was doing something crazy as well - not just riding along.

I was just listening to the Remy Metalier interview on the Pink Bike podcast - he got hurt pretty badly this summer just looking at a feature. Seems that the mellow stuff seems to take people out just as much as gnarly stuff.

Cole

Weird to say but I agree - I hope he was doing something crazy as well - not just riding along.

I was just listening to the Remy Metalier interview on the Pink Bike podcast - he got hurt pretty badly this summer just looking at a feature. Seems that the mellow stuff seems to take people out just as much as gnarly stuff.
Yeah, did they ever say what Alicia was doing when she wrecked?

don

Yeah, did they ever say what Alicia was doing when she wrecked?

What's really weird is I haven't heard her name in any of the podcasts since she was hurt. Earlier in 2022 she seem like she was on there a lot and seemed like a staple contributor. I liked view points and overall vibe and I'm sure others did as well - strange she just feel out with no mention.

Top Bottom