Rockland Preserve - Madison, CT

stilluf

Wondering if anyone has ridden here? Looks like a fun (if small) park. Hoping to ride on Sunday, but don't know how well it drains. Any intel appreciated!

It’s solid. A lot of twisty stuff with features. Northern exposure and mag 5 are cool. I’ve only ridden in sporadically over the years, so my recollection is kinda fuzzy.

Yes. It’s worth it and bigger than you think.

Park near Northern Exposure and do this:

That's a 2 hour ride and doesn't hit a big chunk of the park. You can easily get 3 hours here. The Northern Exposure loop should drain well. The other parts are hit or miss but it's so dry right now I think it'll be fine.

Fair warning - when I went last year in August it was clearly not being maintained as well as the last time I had been there. Trees down, some features eroding away. I may have hit it in a bad time when the TM efforts were struggling to keep up. It was still a good ride.

Let us know how it goes. I am likely going to hit it on my way to/from MA in a few weeks. Hopefully stuff has been cleaned up a bit.

Yes had a fun ride here. Not worth a 2-3 hour drive but combined with something else yes.

Rain held off and trails were a little dusty but overall good condition. The vegetation will need a haircut pretty soon but for now not a problem.
The trails we rode were well designed and definitely challenging in places (and maybe a bit janky as well)
Only complaint is lack of consistency on the drops v rollers. If you didnt know the trail then no way to know beforehand.

Only complaint is lack of consistency on the drops v rollers. If you didnt know the trail then no way to know beforehand.

I do a lot of traveling (for both work & not work) and I find this pretty much true everywhere.

Back
Top Bottom