Round Valley Conditions

I've been called worse by better 😜

It's worth riding if you live or work nearby. It's a 40 minute drive for me, and my opinion is that there's nothing interesting enough there to be worth driving there. It does have some good climbs though.

C'mon. There's the 1 trail that goes uphill a long time and then down and then you turn around and go up that thing and then down and then up again. It's sick.

C'mon. There's the 1 trail that goes uphill a long time and then down and then you turn around and go up that thing and then down and then up again. It's sick.

Sounds magical. Clearly, I'm just a very silly person.

One day I will take @JimN to clean the impossible climb and show him the toughest trail climb in NJ (JimV owns kom) then he never has to go again.

One day I will take @JimN to clean the impossible climb and show him the toughest trail climb in NJ (JimV owns kom) then he never has to go again.

I feel like that thread is just a trick to get me back to Round Valley, and I fear that it'll work. Assuming there are also beverages involved.

Hit Cush and RV today with TM in mind! Cleared some face slappers, punji sticks, and the logs, up to the back gate.

The Readington trail crew are making progress with the extension of the white ridge trail to the cairn on red (what we call the red ridge trail, cause they changed the blazes in Cush, and it isn't even on the ridge!) There is also a new trail that starts down on Dreahook Rd to the power lines. Unfortunately, from the powerlines to the ridge is the most challenging hike we have around here - including the Sourlands. I'll get it on trailforks tonight. Could use it to get to the powerlines and ride to one of the traditional cush entrances.??

Conditions are dry, and the nice weather counters the excessive gravity.

Readington trail crew?

There are trails popping up all over readington/hunterdon county.
If there is town or county owned space, they are planning/putting in trails.
They even run organized walks/hikes!

Officially: Readington Twp Open Space Advisory Board

There are trails popping up all over readington/hunterdon county.
If there is town or county owned space, they are planning/putting in trails.
They even run organized walks/hikes!

Officially: Readington Twp Open Space Advisory Board
There are some nice little mixed use trails all over Readington Township here. I’ve put a few on Trailforks. Not worth driving out of your way for, but cool to explore for us locals.

There are some nice little mixed use trails all over Readington Township here. I’ve put a few on Trailforks. Not worth driving out of your way for, but cool to explore for us locals.

I've also added a few! nice way to connect between the roads -
They need to get that connection from Luna Pizza in 3 bridges to Neshanic Inn figured (I think i'm supposed to write the proposal for the somerset county side...)

I've also added a few! nice way to connect between the roads -
They need to get that connection from Luna Pizza in 3 bridges to Neshanic Inn figured (I think i'm supposed to write the proposal for the somerset county side...)
Good idea! The new Three Bridges Cafe is pretty good, FYI.

Hit Cush and RV today with TM in mind! Cleared some face slappers, punji sticks, and the logs, up to the back gate.

Got out here tonight for the first time in forever. Place is in good shape. From the gate/phone to the top of Puke Hill is in need of some trimming. Going to reach out to the park and try to get out there this week to address some of that.

I checked TF, but do not see the new trail you speak of. I would love to see some more human-friendly ways to get up & over that saddle.

I checked TF, but do not see the new trail you speak of. I would love to see some more human-friendly ways to get up & over that saddle.

It is just a bunch of ribbon right now, and i don't think it is going up. - in cush.
I've given it some thought, and have a solution...but there are a bunch of people I'll need to talk with first.

The new one i rode comes up from an intersection off Dreahook, and I haven't posted it yet.
Not rideable. Worse than the blue trail from the powerlines,
but good from the Cushetunk trail

Attachments

• 1648001645957.png
    1648001645957.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 116
As expected, conditions are just fine out there right now.

I brought the electric hedge trimmer and started attacking that ever-narrowing corridor on the very top of Puke Hill this afternoon. This will take another session at least. Riding up & over then up to the top of that with a TM pack is torture. Someone needs to install an escalator or a t-bar or something.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions