Scumbag alert

GLawn

A total piece of crap walked out of the peddler bike shop in Long Branch yesterday with a cannondale single speed 29er. If anyone comes across one for sale or someone trying to dump it please let us know. It is a large, in red rigid. I don't work there but do ride with the guys from the shop as well as Mike the owner so any info would be greatly appreciated. thanks for any help

Can the person who interacted with the thief give you any description??? Or was it an in and out quick move???

do you have the color scheme of the bike we can check craigslist and such and send the postings to you..

does the shop at least write down the serial numbers before they put the bike on the floor? if so that can aid the search

It is a red trail sl 29er it is red with a retro decal scheme and a rigid fork that is aluminum but looks like the white brothers carbon in size large. There arent many of these around from what I understand. The shop has the paperwork with all numbers I will post them when I get them. Thanks again for any help.

dude,

you gota have a huge set to pull that off, you also have to be a huge asshole.

dont worry, if he dosnt get caught, the karma police will get him.....

i like to think of all of the wonderfully terrible things that will happen to him as a result of this atrocity against the universe.:popcorn:

Wait, isn't renting a bike for a test ride is similar to taking a car out for a test drive? Yeah granted you have the sales guy in the car and with the bike you are solo, but I would imagine something must be had in collateral (such as cc deposit, cash deposit, blah blah blah) prior to lending it to a total stranger? When my friend went to test ride his new bike, they had to get down his DL number, address, Vehicle plates and registration before he got let loose on a bicycle. I think I dig that idea, even tho it might come across as an overkill.

I never test rode any bikes, so I cant comment on my own experience. Again, if I was a bicycle shop owner, I better have your life in my hands before I lend you my bicycle mofo. :popcorn:

Happy Ending

This jerk-off returned to the Peddler and tried to pull the same stunt again last Sunday. Mike recognized him, chased him and caught him... Police called and so on.

This jerk-off returned to the Peddler and tried to pull the same stunt again last Sunday. Mike recognized him, chased him and caught him... Police called and so on.

book-em Dano!
good to hear they caught the guy.

billandted460.jpg

Back
Top Bottom