Sterling Forest Trail Conditions

I think I’ll hold off returning to Sterling until the fall. Based on these reports I feel like I’d be pedaling alone through the Amazon.

I think I’ll hold off returning to Sterling until the fall. Based on these reports I feel like I’d be pedaling alone through the Amazon.
I went Thursday and it wasn’t awful at all. I didn’t get bitten until I was sitting in the lot the end. Maybe I was lucky? It’s too great of a place to put it off until fall though!!

I was building on Redback yesterday for 4 hours. The cool weather has reduced the bugs for sure at least on Redback where we were working.
Trail conditions are good although with the tremendous infestation of caterpillars, there’s reduced canopy on much of Munsee Eagle. On hotter days, it’s like riding in the desert on some sections.
Enjoy!
Was nice meeting you yesterday 👋

Bugs were out today, not too bad at all. The work the team was working on last week is fantastic. Also NJNY Trail commission did a great job on the drainage they were working on. Should definitely aid to trail sustainability.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions