Tally Ho FYI - Don't ride up it

Off The Road Again

If you want to climb, check out Round Valley. Lots of elevation, out n back, climbing both ways. I like climbing too, but if a trail is specifically built/intended for a downhill run, designate it as one-way. And maybe create a switchback climb in proximity so you get the best of both.

HiFiGuy

Where is the Border trail? Is it part of white near Blue or Red/White?
88E36B47-9DB7-4A48-867C-15411CD7AFB1.jpeg
88E36B47-9DB7-4A48-867C-15411CD7AFB1.jpeg

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I'll snap a pic of the signs at Gurney lane, a town park in NY.
they put the "up" entrance right next to the "do not enter" and
explain that they are directional trails, and why - drops, speed, design.
signs at the top too, so people don't go down the up, and again next to each other
so anyone not familiar with the park doesn't find it inconvenient.

I find no problem with this if approved by the land manager.
Just like i don't mind a good go-around - cause sometimes ya just ain't feelin' it. (yeah, omfg, blasphemy!)

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
Rarely. There's not much to see in the middle, most non-bikers head to the lake. I will see people from the Budd Lake side hiking the upper area by the power lines.

How about a "downhill suggested" sign or something like that?

Here's my concern, whenever someone makes a point to advise on something people take issue, before that no one seems to care.

Cassinonorth

Fyi, lift access to the top of Tally Ho is in the works. We will be utilizing a lawn mower engine and a few ropes and pulleys. GoFundMe will be created shortly.

MTB rope tow would be an interesting concept. They're a nightmare on snowboards so I doubt they'd be much more fun on a mtb.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
MTB rope tow would be an interesting concept. They're a nightmare on snowboards so I doubt they'd be much more fun on a mtb.

i like the poma under the armpit - grab high on the bar, and let it slip as you accelerate.
J bar isn't so bad either - same slip thing, hook just below the cheek :D

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Thanks for pointing out the Border trail. It is in much better shape than the Vistar Trail on the map in purple - assuming that is the one that is very close to the property of a new warehouse-like bldg.
Vistar is alive and well. Though I assumed that was the border trail. Told you guys I don't know the names of these trails. I mean why wouldn't they have called that trail beyond the border trail or the border wall or Mexico.

dingo369

I enjoy the Downhill aspect of riding if that makes me an ENDURO BRO oh well, with that being said I am not a Strava queen or KOM hound. All that is being ask is that you please respect what is happening on TALLY -HO , high speeds , and a lot of people that seem to really enjoy it. In the GRAND SCHEME of things is it TOO much to ask if we have 1 downhill specific trail
I like climbing and I like challenging climbs. I’ve ridden up this trail numerous times and I probably will continue to climb it.

goldsbar

You'd think this is the only good downhill in the park. A one way sign would be great, but it's not going to be legally binding in a state park.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions