Things that make you smile :)

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
cant press like button hard enough. Just like Marty and the original crew envisioned it has taken off from the 1st season where we had maybe 150 kids? I hope this keeps going and at some point I can make enough time to come back and coach/volunteer.
250 total students year 1. 144 racers at the inaugural race iirc. We hoped to get 100 and were pleasantly surprised!

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Apple Watches will finally be able to natively support power meters and other bike specific sensors. We're one step closer to ditching gamins. At least I am..
I'm sure it will take a bit to get all figured out but the APIs are all there for 3rd party developers to make good apps for tracking rides and training. Maybe Strava can finally be worth that extra $ they charge.

moose35

Reflecting on the conclusion of our 7th NJ NICA season. Over 600 students participated. 1800 total race starts. nearly 14,000 miles raced and over 1.1 million feet of elevation collectively gained by student racers. Tons of non-competitive bike-centric activities at the races. The best crew in NICA. Stoke meter pegged.
View attachment 215044
View attachment 215045
View attachment 215046
Thanks @KenS and the whole nica crew. You guys put on another amazing season. It's awesome what you all do for the kids.
I smile seeing the kids from other teams playing with each other like one big family.

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
Thanks @KenS and the whole nica crew. You guys put on another amazing season. It's awesome what you all do for the kids.
I smile seeing the kids from other teams playing with each other like one big family.
It makes me so happy to see this too, well said Tom. NICA is so much more than racing. From siblings cheering for big sis/bro to spending the day together with kids from all around the state, it is one of most amazing things to witness. We bought an airtag for my 9 year old daughter specifically for the NICA events; she has met so many friends at them and has so much fun with her "NICA Squad" that we rarely see her through the day.

Photos: Jason Adam Photography
A28I3157.JPG
A28I7324.JPG
A28I2504.JPG

Teen Trail Corps winners, 78 (!!!) combined trail maintenance hours for these two amazing students. League coaches and students contributed 1184 trail maintenance hours in total this season.
A28I7298.JPG

rick81721

Lothar
Another episode of Jeopardy follies (we are behind so this was last friday's). Final jeopardy: A historic 2 word headline in the New York Times in August, 1974. First wrong response was funny but not horrible and at least on the right track - Nixon Pardoned. Second wrong response as so bad I nearly choked laughing so hard - Carter Defeated! 🤣

Top Bottom