Vintage bike forum??

OddTrickStar

Nice color, I assume original paint?
Yes, original powder coat.
Awesome. Throw some wheels on that bad boy!

Funny I was literally just about to ask about your screen-name…
It’s time to sell it, I will break myself riding ramps or doing tricks today. Need to also recoup some funds I just spent on a Bucksaw. Still have my last Trick Star that I built up from years ago. The ‘Odd’ thing about it is that it was made without the rear frame stands or coaster brake tab. I’ll post some pics of it.
that tandem mtb would be a total riot to ride. I need one of those. although I bet you spend more time dealing with flats and changing tubes than riding.
We‘re still getting used to it and it’s my son’s first experience on a bike. He’s autistic which makes the challenges different but he’s taking to it pretty good. My hope is that he’ll want to ride on his own when he’s ready.

one piece crank

Yes, original powder coat.

It’s time to sell it, I will break myself riding ramps or doing tricks today. Need to also recoup some funds I just spent on a Bucksaw. Still have my last Trick Star that I built up from years ago. The ‘Odd’ thing about it is that it was made without the rear frame stands or coaster brake tab. I’ll post some pics of it.

We‘re still getting used to it and it’s my son’s first experience on a bike. He’s autistic which makes the challenges different but he’s taking to it pretty good. My hope is that he’ll want to ride on his own when he’s ready.
That Kappa is very, very cool, and kinda rare. I've held on to my two personal Redlines from BITD, but I only ride my new school Haros.

OddTrickStar

That’s one reason why I’m kinda OK with selling it, I don’t ride it anymore and it should be ridden. It was a really cool experience getting it built, got to add or delete options and picked the color. They powdered the other parts to match. Crap, now I’m giving myself second thoughts on selling.

one piece crank

That’s one reason why I’m kinda OK with selling it, I don’t ride it anymore and it should be ridden. It was a really cool experience getting it built, got to add or delete options and picked the color. They powdered the other parts to match. Crap, now I’m giving myself second thoughts on selling.
Tough call. I’ve owned this since 1984, almost 40 years. I can’t come to sell it, but don’t want to reassemble it either (have all the parts too).

IMG_1890_copy0_lg.jpg

OddTrickStar

Digging more stuff out, built these 20 years ago. NoMoreA made by Supercross, a modern reproduction of a Nomura. They made about 25 of each of the 20” and 24” with a handful of 26”. The cruiser was my regular knock around bike (with big white Tuff Wheels) for a while especially when it was the only thing I could hook the tot trailer to. Flies with those skinnies on it.
F1B6DBCB-5C01-42DD-BC96-65FB2E79D8E6.jpeg
64AD266A-B284-476A-B1C0-2EB9652BCEA0.jpeg

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
You have quite the collection of unique vintage bmx bikes. You're very similar to this one guy in Rhode Island who seems to post daily in one of the East Coast Bike Classifieds facebook pages - except he has an extensive vintage MTB collection.

OddTrickStar

You have quite the collection of unique vintage bmx bikes. You're very similar to this one guy in Rhode Island who seems to post daily in one of the East Coast Bike Classifieds facebook pages - except he has an extensive vintage MTB collection.
I used to have a bunch of early freestyle stuff but I sold most of it off years ago when money was tight. Put a couple bikes together to take to the Rockford vintagebmx gathering in 2003 and had some fun with it but I still prefer to just ride. I could never build bikes and not ride them at all. Some of this vintage BMX stuff is crazy money now.

Even some of the mtb stuff gets me excited to see. I started riding mtb in the early ‘90’s and would definitely like to have my first couple bikes again. I still have my ‘92 Cannondale M1000 frame and many of its components around. First mtb was a Giant Sedona that the bike shop called and wanted to buy back. So I sold it and bought the used Cannondale with a Manitou 1 fork. Rode the wheels off of it for years and had an increasingly hard time finding parts for the Suntour drivetrain.

one piece crank

I used to have a bunch of early freestyle stuff but I sold most of it off years ago when money was tight. Put a couple bikes together to take to the Rockford vintagebmx gathering in 2003 and had some fun with it but I still prefer to just ride. I could never build bikes and not ride them at all. Some of this vintage BMX stuff is crazy money now.

Even some of the mtb stuff gets me excited to see…
I kept most of my bikes, complete with spare parts. Over the last couple years I’ve started to pare down. I hit a few BMX swap meets and found that’s just not for me. I pulled in some serious coin though, shifted to e-sales until the 1099 issue, but I still cant get myself back to swap meets.

I haven’t really sorted my classic MTB stuff yet. The closest I’ve come is selling my GT Ricochet. But I have more stuff to sell. This is a much more tricky market than BMX…

OddTrickStar

I kept most of my bikes, complete with spare parts. Over the last couple years I’ve started to pare down. I hit a few BMX swap meets and found that’s just not for me. I pulled in some serious coin though, shifted to e-sales until the 1099 issue, but I still cant get myself back to swap meets.

I haven’t really sorted my classic MTB stuff yet. The closest I’ve come is selling my GT Ricochet. But I have more stuff to sell. This is a much more tricky market than BMX…
Swap meets get me in trouble. I wind up buying stuff I don’t need, used to anyway. Now I want to thin out what I have left and use the money for my Torino and maybe some carbon rims for my fatbike. Fortunately the stuff I kept has only gone up in value, not that that’s why I collected but it’s nice to at least break even.

one piece crank

Swap meets get me in trouble. I wind up buying stuff I don’t need, used to anyway. Now I want to thin out what I have left and use the money for my Torino and maybe some carbon rims for my fatbike. Fortunately the stuff I kept has only gone up in value, not that that’s why I collected but it’s nice to at least break even.
Yes, to quote Chico Escuela, "BMX been very, very good to me". And I still ride :)

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
Pulled this out of the dumpster at the local recycling center. Don't know much about vintage road bikes but from a quick search looks like it might be a nice find. Early 70's Masi Gran Criterium with Campi Nuovo Record group. Looks like someone either ran the seatpost way too high, or ran it into the garage. Let me know if you know anything about it.

image000004.jpg
image000000.jpg
image000002.jpg
image000003.jpg
Masi1.jpg
Masi2.jpg

qclabrat

Pulled this out of the dumpster at the local recycling center. Don't know much about vintage road bikes but from a quick search looks like it might be a nice find. Early 70's Masi Gran Criterium with Campi Nuovo Record group. Looks like someone either ran the seatpost way too high, or ran it into the garage. Let me know if you know anything about it.

View attachment 221960View attachment 221961View attachment 221962View attachment 221963View attachment 221964View attachment 221965
Was worth money at some time but the bottom has fallen out of vintage bikes over a decade ago. Surprise someone didn't salvage the parts which are worth something, though nuovo record parts aren't too valuable or rare.
This is the same model as the famed Breaking Away Masi. Anything to indicate this is a California built frame? Very small chance it could be a Mario Confente built frame, if so it could be worth money even in that state of disrepair. DM me the serial number and I'll try to dig up some archives. But 99% chance it's just a regular old abused Masi. This was my dream bike as a kid in middle school, was about $1500 in the 80s.

serviceguy

View attachment 221960View attachment 221961View attachment 221962View attachment 221963View attachment 221964View attachment 221965
What's the plan with the frame? It doesn't look salvageable with that kind of damage...not unless it's worth $$$$$

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
What's the plan with the frame? It doesn't look salvageable with that kind of damage...not unless it's worth $$$$$
Don't really know. Any suggestions? I really have too many other projects to make this another one. :D

Maybe pull the components off it? Could be wall art for @qclabrat ? Walter where do I find the SN? I'm assuming that the 4.2.43 isn't it?

qclabrat

Don't really know. Any suggestions? I really have too many other projects to make this another one. :D

Maybe pull the components off it? Could be wall art for @qclabrat ? Walter where do I find the SN? I'm assuming that the 4.2.43 isn't it?
Did some research and it's a 4th quarter 1984 frame and made at the San Marco shop. Still a California frame but not one of those special frames with unique stamping. If you still have it next time we ride I'll take it for wall art but don't hold it if taking up space.

Top Bottom