Vintage bike forum??

Did some research and it's a 4th quarter 1984 frame and made at the San Marco shop. Still a California frame but not one of those special frames with unique stamping. If you still have it next time we ride I'll take it for wall art but don't hold it if taking up space.
Where did you find this info? Very interesting.

Don't really know. Any suggestions? I really have too many other projects to make this another one. :D
It’s time.
IMG_6422.gif

Where did you find this info? Very interesting.

I know it's not worth anything but some things aren't adding up. It has the twin plate crown fork that is listed as 1972 Italy on the site.

1695945282548.png

1695945407858.png

Nothing like this:
1695945510650.png

I'm going to pull the fork off and see if there are date codes on that.

I know it's not worth anything but some things aren't adding up. It has the twin plate crown fork that is listed as 1972 Italy on the site.

View attachment 223926
View attachment 223927

Nothing like this:
View attachment 223928

I'm going to pull the fork off and see if there are date codes on that.
I think it probably is early 1970s…. It has Reynolds 531 tubing and it does not have braze-ones for anything (clamps for FD, shifters, brake and derailluer cables). The 1980s frames would have Columbus tubing (sl or slx) and have braze-ones everywhere

This has been sitting is pieces in my old shop (mom's basement) for 40 years. We used to hold after-hours, employee-only pit bike races at Pete's Bike Shop. The shop was set-up with centered storage racks so we had a perfect oval track. Two racers at a time, lap after lap, until one crashed out.

I still have everything so it's going back together.

img_519065410255a7.jpeg

This has been sitting is pieces in my old shop (mom's basement) for 40 years. We used to hold after-hours, employee-only pit bike races at Pete's Bike Shop. The shop was set-up with centered storage racks so we had a perfect oval track. Two racers at a time, lap after lap, until one crashed out.

I still have everything so it's going back together.

img_519065410255a7.jpeg
Is that Pete's on 22 behind the florist?

Back
Top Bottom