Vintage bike forum??

Chris Nordt

I'm an old school rider that did more serious biking back in the late 90's/early 00's, and after about 20 years off for school, work, marraige, etc I'm getting back in to the swing of things. After looking at what's popular on the market today I must say I still prefer my Gary Fisher Paragon from 1998. I've tried the 27.5 and 29s and I must say I prefer the feel and control of the 26ers. So for all you old school guys/girls out there on 20 year old bikes post them up!!
bike1.jpg

Chris Nordt

Nice!! A little snow riding I see.. I was usually too busy playing hockey for any other winter activities lol

Supermoto

I had the GT LTS 1 with the triple crown fork

The bikes I wished I had kept from back then were my custom Ted Wojcik and my 1995 S-Works steel

Chris Nordt

Started my 1996 Gary Fisher Joshua Y rebuild last night, got pretty far since all the parts off my 1998 GF Paragon fit on this bike. Just need to adjust the brakes and install the new front deraillour wire when it comes in and I'm good to go! Hoping to try it out Saturday morning..
Joshua1.jpg

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Good stuff, keep the pics coming.

Must have been tough riding these things, but they were probably more comfortable then those Model T's everyone else was driving around ;)

Chris Nordt

haha, I think you are right.. Can't wait to try the full suspension bombing down some hills in Cheesequake and Harthshorn

mstyer

Funny. I dug up this catalog photo of my first bike for a FB discussion this morning. I still have the frame and handlebar kicking around, but everything else has disappeared in the last 20 years.

26814420695_dd2eeba1e4_b.jpg

Chris Nordt

That's usually what happens with old bikes, I think I have an old 1994 Trek 830 frame and fork laying around somewhere. I just remember it being too big and very heavy for a hard tail.

Sandman98

I trade my paintball gun to this bike year 2008 and it's my first Mtb. Very light bike and it has hydraulic rim brakes. I think its an early 90's from pro-flex before they sold their company to K2. Apparently the bike is no longer in my possession and I sold it in craigslist for $300 and bought my self a new entry level hardtail. The photo was taken at centre island in Toronto Canada and I weigh almost 200lbs and riding a bike drops me to 170lbs in a good day
image.jpeg

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
Have a similar one in pink, Coyote Infinity I think. At the moment it's got an Xtra-cycle attached
I also used mine to pull the toddler trailer. If you look close you can see the trailer hitch I forgot to remove. Post a photo of yours, I would like to see it.

Top Bottom