Volunteer Day - Sunday November 5th - New Trail

This was really uplifting to be a part of. It's great seeing so many folks come out to volunteer.

Nica is an incredible program, I know of no other youth sports that get kids and parents together to build their venue and then help maintain it.

@Matt_ pointed out to me that it's a good life lesson to teach kids who mtb. You build and maintain what you ride.

I got a chance to ride the course afterwards and it was awesome to see smiling parents riding with there kids on a new trail they helped build.

I got a chance to ride the course afterwards
Is there a map of this new trail loop (future NICA course) to get it burned in this fall/winter (once I can get back on the bike).

Since its NICA approved it probably falls more into my skill level and I will need something to help get my MTB mojo back.

Is there a map of this new trail loop (future NICA course) to get it burned in this fall/winter (once I can get back on the bike).

Since its NICA approved it probably falls more into my skill level and I will need something to help get my MTB mojo back.

it is going to be ridden as a loop -

out the blue rock trail

return via the Blue Rock Loop

Hasn't been made a route yet.
a little under 1.5 miles (??)
I haven't seen the plan for the course - cause staging/finish and all won't be in the woods.

It didn’t make sense to leave it with the jump* into a tree. Steve’s group (the one I was in) would still be out there if we weren’t so old and had a paying job .
*Rolling grade dip

But yeh, the pile placed there was never planned to stay. Gene, Steve and the crew there moved a lot of dirt!

Yes, we went back today

IMG_4722.jpeg
IMG_4824.jpeg
IMG_4722.jpeg
IMG_4824.jpeg
72097499073__FEA4B95D-A11A-41E8-8268-6DA30574370A.jpeg
IMG_4712.jpeg
IMG_4721.jpeg
IMG_4715.jpeg

Alissa rode it today so you can look at her route, but here’s a screenshot of that section.

Attachments

• IMG_1166.jpeg
    IMG_1166.jpeg
    283.3 KB · Views: 72

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions