WANTED: A Cheap, Reliable Vehicle

I have a 2007ish Honda Fit Sport (red) with under 40k (need to confirm actual mileage because battery is dead) that has been not been driven and has been sitting in a garage for the last 5 years. It was an old man car used to drive to church and the grocery store. I have to look into how much it is worth. Tires are newer, probably needs a new battery, fluids changed, and a quick detail. The car was well maintained. There is an open airbag recall.

I have a 2007ish Honda Fit Sport (red) with under 40k (need to confirm actual mileage because battery is dead) that has been not been driven and has been sitting in a garage for the last 5 years. It was an old man car used to drive to church and the grocery store. I have to look into how much it is worth. Tires are newer, probably needs a new battery, fluids changed, and a quick detail. The car was well maintained. There is an open airbag recall.
Definitely interested as long as mice havenā€™t gotten to the wiring.

Damn I would have been all over this myself this would be a great deal for the OP though.

New thread titleā€ Looking for a reliable car from grandpa or grandma with low miles ā€œ LOL
I had one perfectly lined up when my grandfather passed away. I was one year from my learner's permit and he had a mint condition Chevy Nova. For some unknown reason my father let my uncle keep it even though he hadn't spoken to anyone in the family, including his father for over 20 years. WTF.

It is a 2007 Honda Fit Sport. Itā€™s Red. I still need to confirm the mileage but Iā€™m pretty sure itā€™s under 40k. The car is not registered or insured which probably will make things a little more complicated since no one can drive it. Iā€™ll take pics later this week.

Thoughts on 8k for it? I see used ones with over 100k miles with asking prices between 6-8k. KBB is around 8k for private party.

Last edited:
I had one perfectly lined up when my grandfather passed away. I was one year from my learner's permit and he had a mint condition Chevy Nova. For some unknown reason my father let my uncle keep it even though he hadn't spoken to anyone in the family, including his father for over 20 years. WTF.
hope it wasnt this version my dad had i call it the "Novarolla" since it was a rebadged Corolla from the same era LOL

Then again I took that car from him in 1993 after the dealership messed up a tune up and cross threaded one of the spark plugs, and drove it for a year during college and sold it for 2500 with 190K miles on it so they did something right !

032920-1987-Chevrolet-Nova-1-e1585582091527-1182x738.jpg

I got a great deal on Grannyā€™s Nova once. Sometimes wish I still had it. One owner, 1972 2d, 6pin, 3 on the tree. Granny had a big left thigh. Classic body style, picked it up with 60k for like 6?hunnit and drove that pig for like 15yrs and at least 120k mi. Brakes oil tires & gas, and a picknpull head l we popped on inda dwivewayyyyyy. So simpleā€¦.

Back
Top Bottom