WANTED: A Cheap, Reliable Vehicle

mtn

Anyone have or know of someone that has a cheap, reliable car for sale? I'd say 2007 or newer and good gas mileage. Looking for a deal. Just put new tires on my 270k civic that won't pass PA inspection and now it needs pads and rotors/drums all around, so I pulled insurance and now it sits. Please no rust as I'll end up in the same position I am currently in.

Last edited:
Anyone have or know of someone that has a reliable car for sale? I'd say 2007 or newer and good gas mileage. Looking for a deal. Just put new tires on my 270k civic that won't pass PA inspection and now it needs pads and rotors/drums all around, so I pulled insurance and now it sits. Please no rust as I'll end up in the same position I am currently in.
I’m about to put my 2010 Nissan Xterra Off Road up for sale. 143k miles, 6 speed manual, 4WD. Black with grey cloth interior (seats and carpets are spotless, body has no rust). But it gets an avg of 18 mpg so it’s not the greatest on gas. I am the first and only owner and have all service records from new. Has been an incredibly reliable truck and is perfect for the outdoor enthusiast. Carries bikes, ski/snowboards and all manner of gear inside or outside. Selling because my daughter is leaving the nest and we have to downsize by 1 car and my wife is not keen for us to maintain a car she can’t drive (manual). So I’ll be using my daughter’s automatic Subie going forward. I’ll be posting pictures and details shortly. But in meantime here is a pic from March of this year on Cherry Ridge road after a big snowstorm.
IMG_8570.jpeg

48,412 miles as it sits today. Garage kept, well maintained and updated the head unit so it has Sirius, bluetooth and a usb charge port. Not sure on price yet but it will be more than fair. Just need to buy its replacement first and see what they lowball me with for trade in value.
I will be looking to offload my 2006 Lexus ES330 pretty soon. Super low mileage and very clean inside. V6 isn't the best for gas mileage but it's decent and very reliable.
View attachment 227489
Sounds good. I’ll be checking back for a price, though I don’t think the dealership is going to give you a crappy trade in offer for it.

I’m about to put my 2010 Nissan Xterra Off Road up for sale. 143k miles, 6 speed manual, 4WD. Black with grey cloth interior (seats and carpets are spotless, body has no rust). But it gets an avg of 18 mpg so it’s not the greatest on gas. I am the first and only owner and have all service records from new. Has been an incredibly reliable truck and is perfect for the outdoor enthusiast. Carries bikes, ski/snowboards and all manner of gear inside or outside. Selling because my daughter is leaving the nest and we have to downsize by 1 car and my wife is not keen for us to maintain a car she can’t drive (manual). So I’ll be using my daughter’s automatic Subie going forward. I’ll be posting pictures and details shortly. But in meantime here is a pic from March of this year on Cherry Ridge road after a big snowstorm.
View attachment 227488
Geesh, I currently have an Xterra in the driveway needing a new (or rebuilt) transmission. Lol. 86k.

View attachment 227488
How much ya asking?

Anyone have or know of someone that has a cheap, reliable car for sale? I'd say 2007 or newer and good gas mileage. Looking for a deal. Just put new tires on my 270k civic that won't pass PA inspection and now it needs pads and rotors/drums all around, so I pulled insurance and now it sits. Please no rust as I'll end up in the same position I am currently in.
Where is the rust? Just an FYI, in NJ all you need for inspection is no check engine light, so sell it over here. 😁 Pads and rotors can't be more than a hundred or so online.

I will be looking to offload my 2006 Lexus ES330 pretty soon. Super low mileage and very clean inside. V6 isn't the best for gas mileage but it's decent and very reliable.
View attachment 227489
I might be interested if other folks pass. My wife’s car just got hit pretty hard and it will be a total loss. Please keep us posted. Thx!

Where is the rust? Just an FYI, in NJ all you need for inspection is no check engine light, so sell it over here. 😁 Pads and rotors can't be more than a hundred or so online.
Mainly the rear brakes. Apparently I can’t adjust drum shoes correctly. And shops are charging $140 to just adjust, or close to $400 to replace. It’s been a great car, despite a slow oil seep for the past 40k. Ideally I need a truck, but any comfortable transportation is good now.

Wow. Lots of interest in my granny mobile. Not 1st owner. Got from wifey's grandma a few years back when she stopped driving. She literally only drove it to the supermarket on sundays. Granny did have an accident that shows up but I don't know the details. It was definitely not major as no one in the family remembers it. I'll keep this group posted.

48,412 miles as it sits today. Garage kept, well maintained and updated the head unit so it has Sirius, bluetooth and a usb charge port. Not sure on price yet but it will be more than fair. Just need to buy its replacement first and see what they lowball me with for trade in value.

This is a gem. Don't allow a dealer to make the money on this. Check BAT for sales history and sell it here!

Wow. Lots of interest in my granny mobile. Not 1st owner. Got from wifey's grandma a few years back when she stopped driving. She literally only drove it to the supermarket on sundays. Granny did have an accident that shows up but I don't know the details. It was definitely not major as no one in the family remembers it. I'll keep this group posted.
Ah the one you wouldn't sell me a few years back 🤣

Back
Top Bottom