Waterbury VT trails?

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
Perry hill looks like a blast. I will say that cady hill in Stowe has one of best setups that I’ve ridden as far as fun factor in a short time. Looping upper and lower Florence plus upper Florence into bears can be done in less than an hour. High quality machine built flow.

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
Perry hill looks like a blast. I will say that cady hill in Stowe has one of best setups that I’ve ridden as far as fun factor in a short time. Looping upper and lower Florence plus upper Florence into bears can be done in less than an hour. High quality machine built flow.
All accurate. Cady is a different experience. Both fun. Cady arguably easier access to the goods, but it's part of a day of riding that includes a lot more in and around Stowe. He's not looking to travel from Waterbury though.

Jmann

All accurate. Cady is a different experience. Both fun. Cady arguably easier access to the goods, but it's part of a day of riding that includes a lot more in and around Stowe. He's not looking to travel from Waterbury though.
Right, but being only 15 minutes outside of Waterbury I figured it was still relatively convenient.

trener1

Yeah I do appreciate the info, I'm looking to drive as little as possible so that I can maximize my ride window while I am with the family so Perry Hill would be my first option, but if it's only 15 minutes away it might be an option, at least worth knowing about especially if the trails are more suited to my riding ability's (or lack thereof LOL)

kidzach

Cady Hill in Stowe is a blast and easy to navigate. Worth the 15 minute drive .for highlights I would recommend both sections of Florence and on your way back hit Bear's. But many others.

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
Worth the 15 minute drive
Agreed on the value prop, but the drive is every bit of 20 mins without traffic. Leaf peepers can make it 30+.

Not to be a downer...I only bring this up because we had a team of folks from the Nebraska NICA League out here for training last season, and they kept asking us why everyone is NJ says "its 10 mins down the road" when they asked for directions, while in reality it would take them 2-3x more to get there. Not pork roll/taylor ham or north south central worthy, but still a funny NJ reflection.

Last edited:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Agreed on the value prop, but the drive is every bit of 20 mins without traffic. Leaf peepers can make it 30+.

Yeah I agree with this. I was going to say the same, but town center to town center is 20 minutes, and Cady Hill is past town center. And the last time we met someone in Stowe - no joke - they got caught in a parade in the middle of town. It ended up being like 45 minutes. Downtown Stowe can be busy.

Just trying to keep the OP out of hot water with the family.

roc

Yeah I agree with this. I was going to say the same, but town center to town center is 20 minutes, and Cady Hill is past town center. And the last time we met someone in Stowe - no joke - they got caught in a parade in the middle of town. It ended up being like 45 minutes. Downtown Stowe can be busy.
You have to bypass town via Moscow road! Never go thru Stowe town center, unless you need to be in town!
Just trying to keep the OP out of hot water with the family.

Maybe my wife doesn't love me as much as everyone else's does. But if I leave early to mountain bike on a family vacation, she could care less. I have teenagers also, so no need to be helping out with a toddler. They are still asleep, when I get back.

Reactions: don

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Maybe my wife doesn't love me as much as everyone else's does. But if I leave early to mountain bike on a family vacation, she could care less. I have teenagers also, so no need to be helping out with a toddler. They are still asleep, when I get back.

My wife rides with me so it's a non-issue.

I did a 3 hour ride on Saturday, cleaned up, had lunch, then the oldest of the kids finally lumbered out of bed maybe a half hour later. So I hear that. Still, on vacation, we don't let that fly. Not paying these prices to sleep your life away.

Anyway, topic drift, which never happens here...

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Actually I will add this.

The lumbering teenager described above...we went to Stowe 2 years ago and he liked Cady Hill so much that he woke up at 6am with me to ride it every day we were there. This is a bit of a testimonial on how much fun those trails are,

Jmann

Actually I will add this.

The lumbering teenager described above...we went to Stowe 2 years ago and he liked Cady Hill so much that he woke up at 6am with me to ride it every day we were there. This is a bit of a testimonial on how much fun those trails are,
I rode cady hill at the end of a week where I rode a ton of flow trail, including tunnel ridge and black bear, and I think it was my favorite. It probably has a lot to do that climb isn’t that that long, but Florence is a really great trail.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Perry hill was fantastic today. For sure worth it. Reminded me of bellingham, Squamish and north Conway mixed. Basically it’s sick.

I’ll be back for sure

Rode again with Nick BENNETTE who is such a great Tourguide. Not having to guess when traveling is always a plus.

Rode Stratton yesterday. It’s gonna be good. It isn’t yet. Fun and nostalgic as I used to log tons of days here on snow before my knee shit the bed. I’d say go to show them that we are out here with dollars in hand on e they prioritize summer like they do winter. Till them meh..

Stowe tomorrow.

Weather is fantastic

Getting it in before the knee replacement Nov 10. The countdown is on.

Attachments

• 7CAB1EF4-E8DF-40D1-A286-F6BC7ECD2AC2.jpeg
    7CAB1EF4-E8DF-40D1-A286-F6BC7ECD2AC2.jpeg
    212 KB · Views: 103
  • AFE1DA89-3F8E-4CA8-8F51-73DB280E0B3B.jpeg
    AFE1DA89-3F8E-4CA8-8F51-73DB280E0B3B.jpeg
    103.7 KB · Views: 102
  • 0DFE427B-C0DA-464E-B042-C40FBCB2E448.jpeg
    0DFE427B-C0DA-464E-B042-C40FBCB2E448.jpeg
    104.2 KB · Views: 98
  • 1D7A9DE4-D9E1-45B7-80B9-3D76C04F3ADC.jpeg
    1D7A9DE4-D9E1-45B7-80B9-3D76C04F3ADC.jpeg
    100.5 KB · Views: 102
  • C276E052-AD87-4926-B47B-26AE407B34C3.jpeg
    C276E052-AD87-4926-B47B-26AE407B34C3.jpeg
    436.8 KB · Views: 99

trener1

I have never been to bellingham, Squamish or north Conway but it sounds like fun, any shops in the area worth stopping into? I looked at google maps and it seems like there is a shop right down the road from the trailhead

Last edited:

Robson

Perry Hill is fun. Not gnarly but a lot of climbing. Our elevation gain was around 2500 ft and 14 miles.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Perry hill was fantastic today. For sure worth it. Reminded me of bellingham, Squamish and north Conway mixed. Basically it’s sick.

I’ll be back for sure

Rode again with Nick BENNETTE who is such a great Tourguide. Not having to guess when traveling is always a plus.

Rode Stratton yesterday. It’s gonna be good. It isn’t yet. Fun and nostalgic as I used to log tons of days here on snow before my knee shit the bed. I’d say go to show them that we are out here with dollars in hand on e they prioritize summer like they do winter. Till them meh..

Stowe tomorrow.

Weather is fantastic

Getting it in before the knee replacement Nov 10.
The countdown is on.
Sorry for the derail, what's the ebike sentiment up in VT? I dont know why i have the feeling but I have to figure it's not good.

kidzach

Sorry for the derail, what's the ebike sentiment up in VT? I dont know why i have the feeling but I have to figure it's not good.
I bump into more and more folks riding e-bikes up here. Was talking to a gentleman @ Pine Hill last week. He absolutely enjoys his, but still rides both. The sentiment seems to be as long as you get out, ,ride what you want.

Top Bottom