Wawayanda Events

I rode over to the park during Xterra last year and rode into all of this. I live around the corner and had no idea. Plow them over I say. Just kidding, most of those trails however were clear and wasn't too much of a riding issue. Wait until afternoon is my suggestion if you want to ride that side.

there was something going on there today as well 4/20. some sort of trail running race. not sure if it's tomorrow too but there were a lot of them out there

and a swimmer too
Dsc01717.jpg

Pete, where is this, is there a non sanctioned trail there?

The markings for this xterra take it down the waywanda rd extension with the three bridges that are in bad shape. It turns off to the right on some trails that I always thought were unofficial. Thought it was an interesting choice of trail for the race.

Pete, where is this, is there a non sanctioned trail there?

The markings for this xterra take it down the waywanda rd extension with the three bridges that are in bad shape. It turns off to the right on some trails that I always thought were unofficial. Thought it was an interesting choice of trail for the race.
this new sign today is on Easy Peasy trail, funny it's posted the day before the xtera race that's using that trail.
I guess they don't mind using unsanctioned trails, just building them.
Many races in the park use unsanctioned trails for bikes and foot races.

Last edited:
this they'll enforce. alcohol in the picnic area, blasting latin music so you can hear it on the other side of the lake, trash left everywhere, dogs running all over the place off-leash, open flames left unattended, all this they have to turn a blind eye to i'm afraid

also, until/unless they actually make an effort to MAINTAIN the "official" trails there, they can go pound sand. they haven't touched some of the "offical" trails in literally years. looking right at you, red dot...

Last edited:
The part of easy peasy with the bridges is locals building a private way into the park - the Xterra will use it from outside the aux gate to the exit near iron mt. it is a nice, beginner trail with a little climbing.
Yes there are many unsanctioned trails in the park - that is the only one the Xterra uses, and we've been using it for 5+ years. the race loop is submitted to the park. since the race pays the park, each car pays the park, and the race pays the park police OT, it kinda works out in everyone's favor.

I may take on that mud puddle at the start of red dot. (Also the stream crossing pump house (not the lake crossing pumphouse))
There is that "low bridge" and a couple other challenges, not horrible. seems like the stuff sitting on the ground is cleared.
Besides, the mt bikers do all the trail work there anyway. Can always take some initiative and do some maintenance.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions