What have you done to your bike today?

Just remember…. You asked for this.

Reactions: SAM
Took @jdog advice and slammed my stem.
Will test it out at Harts on Saturday
IMG_20231207_190444787.jpg
IMG_20231207_190453441.jpg

FINALLY got the brake upgrade sorted. Had to wait for the rear caliper replacement to arrive. When I got the brakes from my LBS, I was pleasantly surprised that they were grey instead of black, which matched the bike accents perfectly. I installed the front, put the reservoir/lever on the I-Spec thinger, then went to install the rear caliper. Unfortunately it was a 2 pot (8100) instead of 4 pot (8120).

Off again to the LBS, exchanged the caliper for an 8120, get home, go to install it, and it's black, not grey. 😩 LBS can't get them anywhere they said, managed to track one down on the interwebs, and here we are.

IMG_5323.jpg

I included the fork in this pic because I picked up it up from the LBS after sending it in for warranty service (rebound knob was spinning without any end). SRAM did a complete rebuild, hoping to get out tomorrow before the rain to start getting it dialed in.

IMG_5326.jpg

20231212_144828.jpg
20231212_160416.jpg

Just went out an hammered a quick loop to see if I could get my hands to numb up and the bars worked as advertised. No pain no numbness and ordinarily it's the first 10 miles that are always almost unbearable, especially at speed. So I give them an initial approval, time will tell. Running the xc/mountain elastomer with 2 upper enduro- Dh elastomer and a lower xc one.

Definitely don't recommend the AL one I have for pedal bikes but Fasst Flexx makes these in carbon. I'll continue to update as I put more time on.

You can put a spacer behind the BB cup on the NDS to get yourself an extra 2.5mm. Unless the chainring is that close also in which case…Godspeed 😂
Good idea. I'll see how lazy I'm feeling over my holiday break and consider pulling the BB to do that.

Dunno? 🤷‍♂️ I'm clipped in on the road, haven't committed to doing so on the trails (may never). It's not for training, just a tool to get a sense of where I am at on any given effort.
Which power meter is that? I'd be curious to know your thoughts on this after you've had a chance to test it out -- do power meters and flats mix? Good luck with it, and thanks!

Which power meter is that? I'd be curious to know your thoughts on this after you've had a chance to test it out -- do power meters and flats mix? Good luck with it, and thanks!

That's a Stages. These measure flex in the crankarm so the pedals won't matter. You also put out 99.999999999999999% of your power out on the downstroke unlike what you might have been told by various cycling channels, people, and the industry as a whole.

Like @Steve Vai said, it's a Stages. I rode it yesterday, seemed to be a bit higher than my perceived effort when compared to what I am used to seeing from my road bike (Pioneer unit). I'll continue to play around with it. Like I was saying it's more a novelty than a true training tool at this point.

SLX calipers for the gravel rig finally arrived. Installed them, the levers, bled the system. Of course, I lost the I-SPEC retaining nut for the shifter into sock/small parts hell, so there's that.

That's a Stages. These measure flex in the crankarm so the pedals won't matter. You also put out 99.999999999999999% of your power out on the downstroke unlike what you might have been told by various cycling channels, people, and the industry as a whole.
Yes, "Steve," I remember reading an Internet post by Dr Andrew Coggan on the overwhelming contribution of the downstroke. Thanks for the Stages ID.

Back
Top Bottom