What have you done to your bike today?

My purple Ergon’s were getting long in the tooth; I replaced them with some new DeathGrips (purple of course).
IMG_6719.jpeg

I like them 👍

I have a set in hot pink to match the current JorBand to install on the Binary Maniak 😉

I don't care what lube you use, if you rode for 3 hours in the rain and didn't dry & lube the chain, (drip wax to touch up) or the whole bike for that matter, it's user error not the product.

Went to ride the Roubaix into work and forgot that I ripped the tire during CTC. Wouldn’t seal so I just went home, grabbed my spare tires and drove in. So, new tires.

IMG_4750.jpeg

Also de-waxed the chain on this bike because it just doesn’t last as long as I need. Will probably keep doing it on the Allez just because that bike is limited to 200ks so that’s fine.

IMG_4749.jpeg

Event Prep.

New 42t ring. Swapped tires to Dynamo wheels. De-waxed drivetrain, reverted to DuMonde because wax doesn’t work at all for the things this bike was built for. If you’re keeping track I’ve reverted 3 of 5 waxed bikes so far. The Allez and Track Bike are the only 2 that it will work for. I might write something more in depth with my findings in the other thread but chain waxers are the flat earthers of the cycling world so it wouldn’t end well.

(Even though my few months of testing is more mileage than everyone that waxes on this site combined for the year 😂)

Anywho, remember this bike that I own?

701E7CAD-0749-46BE-A295-0E484EE6F65B.jpeg

CBR Prep.

When I got my Warakin I also got a gold XX1 group with it for the events I feel like being a sissy and running gears. However, my geared drops are from the Arctodus and use a post mount brake so…I dug through my spares and found the only caliper I have without a banjo to use with Rival AXS.

IMG_4847.jpeg

Bled fine and feels surprisingly good, albeit definitely too much brake for a 42c tire so I’ll have to be ginger.

IMG_4849.jpeg

IMG_4853.jpeg

I also may throw on a Lauf Fork that was gifted to me.

CBR Prep.

When I got my Warakin I also got a gold XX1 group with it for the events I feel like being a sissy and running gears. However, my geared drops are from the Arctodus and use a post mount brake so…I dug through my spares and found the only caliper I have without a banjo to use with Rival AXS.

View attachment 239234

Bled fine and feels surprisingly good, albeit definitely too much brake for a 42c tire so I’ll have to be ginger.

View attachment 239235

View attachment 239236

I also may throw on a Lauf Fork that was gifted to me.
Why no banjo?

Back
Top Bottom