Wildcat: Crowd Sourced Trail Maintenance

Sooooo. What's the policy on bridges? There's a section on Odin (wagon wheel?) where the trail dives down into a stream crossing and then climbs right after. I'd love to put a skinny bridge in there so we can keep the speed up and don't trash the stream. Do we have to talk to the state or the jorba folks or peeps here to do something like this? Also, anyone want to help?
PXL_20211107_182517850 (1).jpg
P

That trail is maintained by the "Telemark Trails" group.....come to the Wed night ride and meet them...:)

That trail is maintained by the "Telemark Trails" group.....come to the Wed night ride and meet them...:)
Oh cool, what are the deets? Where and when, basically. Thanks!
I wouldn't want to do rocks as that would change waterflow.

Oh cool, what are the deets? Where and when, basically. Thanks!
I wouldn't want to do rocks as that would change waterflow.

Armour the muddy area, ride the shallow stream. ??

Due to the limited lifespan of lumber and the designation wood features get as a "product" or "TTF" our....my.... preference now is to use rock. And yes agree it should be done in a way as to not affect the hydrology.....this is within general maintenance to prevent erosion and minimize impact

some unknown trails in Wawayanda have these nice bridges cut from a nearby tree and just laid across a small stream.
It's Not an actual bridge, just using local wood and a few choicely set stones.
Wayside access01.jpg

Due to the limited lifespan of lumber and the designation wood features get as a "product" or "TTF" our....my.... preference now is to use rock. And yes agree it should be done in a way as to not affect the hydrology.....this is within general maintenance to prevent erosion and minimize impact

There's a tree down on Orange up to the Hawk Watch. It's between the jeep road and the last punchy climb to the top. We had the NICA team out yesterday, so no time to try to deal with it.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions