Dickerson Mine Preserve Conditions

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
probably because it was unsanctioned and unsafe

giphy.gif

iman29

breaking news - the roadie rode his MTB at Dickerson mine and there was proof!

I havent been there since Nov 2022 and the conditions were last night were fantastic. Was my first time riding the improved sections of the Marty's loop it really flows great. Plus the skinny bridge on yellow is now double wide and much safer.

We had about 18+ people there in 2 groups, I was in the 2nd group but got a great ride and workout in. Great to see @MadisonDan and meet the Grillmaster @TommyF in person!

Oh and beer and BBQ after hit the spot

Selfie photo cred to @MadisonDan I am way in the background in the Marty’s jersey

E5130D0E-3A94-47C8-824D-6C8C37B64549.jpeg
43EE7FCC-3832-4C49-8E42-21201A9FE2F3.jpeg
5F801E22-280D-4C75-9EDD-7F241410EAC9.jpeg
908D7AA1-2B3E-4D38-BF92-CF782A5E7F58.jpeg

Cole

I havent been there since Nov 2022 and the conditions were last night were fantastic. Was my first time riding the improved sections of the Marty's loop it really flows great. Plus the skinny bridge on yellow is now double wide and much safer.

We had about 18+ people there in 2 groups, I was in the 2nd group but got a great ride and workout in. Great to see @MadisonDan and meet the Grillmaster @TommyF in person!

Selfie photo cred to @MadisonDan I am way in the background in the Marty’s jersey

View attachment 211926View attachment 211927View attachment 211928View attachment 211929
Is this a standing Wednesday ride? If so I'm in next week

iman29

Is this a standing Wednesday ride? If so I'm in next week
That is correct. Not sure I can make it next week but there are always tons of people that show up.

You will need to sign up for Martys Cycle Club only $20 for the year.

Rides get posted via Club Ridewithgps event and any last minute updates are on the MCC FB page.

Cole

That is correct. Not sure I can make it next week but there are always tons of people that show up.

You will need to sign up for Martys Cycle Club only $20 for the year.

Rides get posted via Club Ridewithgps event and any last minute updates are on the MCC FB page.

Maybe I missed it but what time does it start? 6:00?

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's

View attachment 211926View attachment 211927View attachment 211928View attachment 211929
4F97CD05-AD05-4709-AE15-EF32695A4012.jpeg

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
With the flow trail TM cancelled, I still had to get out and do some TM so off to Creek Trail I went after the deluge. Cleared all the little stuff around that big tree mentioned above but it's gonna need a big chainsaw. Luckily it's right by the gravel lot. Cleared out a bunch of drains and added a couple more. Also cleared deadfall and prickers along the whole length. Armoring is holding up perfectly and trail was ok except a couple spots.
20230423_114035.jpg

20230423_120159.jpg

kaitlyn

With the flow trail TM cancelled, I still had to get out and do some TM so off to Creek Trail I went after the deluge. Cleared all the little stuff around that big tree mentioned above but it's gonna need a big chainsaw. Luckily it's right by the gravel lot. Cleared out a bunch of drains and added a couple more. Also cleared deadfall and prickers along the whole length. Armoring is holding up perfectly and trail was ok except a couple spots.
View attachment 212166
View attachment 212167
Ya ya, the stonework on creek is fantastic! Thanks, trail mavens!

iman29

The only reason I know what that’s about it’s because I was there when a fellow rider not on this forum took a tumble at that spot last Wednesday night and stopped him cold in his tracks. He took a shot to the shin and was bleeding pretty good for a min but no major injury resulted. The rest of the crew put that up to bust his balls so he could see it this week but it will be taken down.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions