Dickerson Mine Preserve Conditions

Might go here tomorrow for the first time? What's it compare to? And any recommendations for what/how to ride? Also, trailhead/parking rec would be appreciated.

Might go here tomorrow for the first time? What's it compare to? And any recommendations for what/how to ride? Also, trailhead/parking rec would be appreciated.
Here’s a loop that hits most of the park. We typically park at the Black River Barn and then hit it for burgers and brews after the ride.
https://strava.app.link/GYYFTu0zmBb
1689131549637.png

What days are they on? It's about a 90 minute commute for me around that time of day. Requested you on Strava, btw.
I see the Strava. Wednesday nights, 6pm all year. Burgers after at the shop. They do want riders to be a member of the Marty's Club, but I'm sure if you just showed up once it would be fine. More than once best to sign up.

@Bikeworks

yes membership in Marty's Cycle Club is required but for your first "try before you buy" ride it should be fine. if work doesn't mess me up i will be there tonight.

suggest to arrive a little early and introduce yourself around. Im usually in the 2nd group which does a more moderate pace and a little more regrouping.

p.s. I grew up in Staten Island so Im sure we can share some "who do you know" stories ;-)

Gonna miss this ride tonight, but as others have said, awesome group, lots of fun, burgers, dogs and bring a beverage of your choice to wash it all down with after the ride.

Orange is super rocky technical - recommend riding it downhill direction. All other trails are pretty moderate - less tech than Chimney Rock in my opinion. Marty's Trail has the skills areas with berms, jumps, drops, etc. Follow trailforks - pretty small area with trails close together so can't really get lost.

@Bikeworks

yes membership in Marty's Cycle Club is required but for your first "try before you buy" ride it should be fine. if work doesn't mess me up i will be there tonight.

suggest to arrive a little early and introduce yourself around. Im usually in the 2nd group which does a more moderate pace and a little more regrouping.

p.s. I grew up in Staten Island so Im sure we can share some "who do you know" stories ;-)
So I went there late this morning, got a good sense of the place, really liked it. Ended up bailing earlier than I wanted because my AXS dropper was sagging, so looking like I'll be off that bike for a bit. Went to Marty's to see if it was something they could fix, no dice.

For the $20 I'm fine with registering even if I only go once! Supports a great trail network and shop.

So I went there late this morning, got a good sense of the place, really liked it. Ended up bailing earlier than I wanted because my AXS dropper was sagging, so looking like I'll be off that bike for a bit. Went to Marty's to see if it was something they could fix, no dice.

For the $20 I'm fine with registering even if I only go once! Supports a great trail network and shop.
Bummer but glad you got a ride in. Hope it gets fixed soon.

For anyone else the trail conditions are basically perfect even Red down by the creek crossings wasn’t even really wet.

Hero dirt and hot as hell on the Marty's ride last night, trails are in great shape, not too much over growth either. Tree down on Yellow, you have to Limbo down low to get under it, another on Red that's easily avoidable.

Hit it for the second time today, really enjoyed it! Everything was pretty clear. Only issue I had was the first RH berm heading towards Marty's;(?) dirt there was very loose and I spilled out. Rest of the berms were very good.

I firmed up this log roll heading up the hill towards White(?). Added some staking to prevent it from washing out the next rain.

IMG_4840.jpg

Came across this downed tree up towards the top, not sure what trail (I'm still getting acquainted with them). Silky made short work of it.

IMG_4845.jpg
IMG_4846.jpg

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions