2022 31/31 Ride daily for bragging rights and a reward. TM / Jorba / MtbNJ /

So Sunday... is there going to be a group ride to finish the month off? Pretty sure @Frank mentioned something.
I would love to get a group together, but will not be offended if I'm too slow for you all. That said my hands and feet can handle 6 Mile and south, any place north of that and I would only last a couple of mile before the neuropathy takes over. Either way I think it would be badass to end the month on a really high note!!!

Day 25: Some bumps in the road but we made it out alive.

For my 17th mountain bike ride of the month, I went to Chimney Rock for the [insert word here] Monday ride. I put, "insert word here" because I'm not sure it can be marketed as fun, in a strict sense. 1 of the Tim's was there, not the guy who gets his hair cut where I do, but another Tim. He fell over and caused a reasonable amount of blood to remain on the ground, as opposed to inside his body where it should normally stay. He seemed unfazed by it, to his credit. We walked him out and he made his way back to the car.

Later in the ride D's rotor lockring unwound. This is my fault. After a comedy of errors we got the wheel back on. While doing this, it struck me just how humid it was, as I was sweating buckets tonight - more than any other ride this year.

We did ballfields, black, orange, red, white, and blue. We made almost 1.5 hours which I am happy with at this point. I really don't want to fall into that pattern of riding 1 hour and 1 minute. Ignoring the blood and frustration, it was actually a pretty good ride, humidity notwithstanding.

Of the 17 mountain bike rides, 5 have been CR, 4 KT, and 3 at different bike parks. The other 5 are one-offs scattered across 3 states.

6C126CE1-1E81-4255-9BD3-57C6CD72F51A.jpeg

216361B2-716A-43A2-93B1-657A45D23FF9.jpeg

Day 25 - it didn’t turn out the way I wanted, but perceived. Goal is always to never allow this challenge to effect my “dad duties”. Today challenged that, but it worked out.

The lunch ride got stopped early as Mother Nature had a stomach ache and didn’t like us while digesting over NYC.

https://strava.app.link/PXxl2HARXrb
1658797595061.png

Dad duties didn’t allow me to get the ride in until much later than hoped, but that’s ok.

https://strava.app.link/6wO260TRXrb
1658797664952.png

25/31
With the heat last week I stayed flat and never got around to running a new cable for my dropper. Was going to add some elevation today and fix the dropper. Unfortunately got home late and didn’t get to the dropper. Then I inadvertently left my phone and legs in the garage when I went out. No legs, no hills. Did a loop around the towpath again. No phone, no picture. Random guy wearing a tacocat shirt at universal.

E9481360-A315-48A4-94FF-649702AF06D6.jpeg

@Frank What time do you want to meet me at Hospital Rd lot on Sunday? Let me know later in the week. Obviously everyone is welcome
That sounds awesome and I would totally be down if I could join. But there's a storm brewing at home over this whole ride everyday thing and I'm already going to be out a good bit of Saturday as I am signed up for a century (spellbound). So having said that I don't think getting out for a group ride again on Sunday is in the cards for me. I'll have to take a rain check. Pray for me to not miss the last day of the challenge :eek:!! Could you imagine!! :Ugh:

Back
Top Bottom