2023 garden thread

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I saw a fox in Jersey City on Sunday.
I'm sure it is based on food supply, but damn.

qclabrat

Hopefully the warmer weather comes and stays soon.
Did you buy them or grow yourself? Good luck this season. We've put out a few tomatoes but cover them up overnight as I'm up on the Watchung mts and still have chilly mornings. Zucchinis and summer squash also in the ground and cucumbers in pots.

Reactions: SAM

Cole

Did you buy them or grow yourself? Good luck this season. We've put out a few tomatoes but cover them up overnight as I'm up on the Watchung mts and still have chilly mornings. Zucchinis and summer squash also in the ground and cucumbers in pots.
We bought everything. I figured if the nurseries leave them out at night then I should be good

SAM

I was going to start acclimating stuff I started indoors and put them in the garden this week, but the weather has been so cold I postponed it to next week.

Roadie

Fertilize with garden tone and leaf mulch works for me. And my bed is like 8 yrs old...
We get various sizes. Some thick, some thin. We fertilize with compost and replenish the soil every couple of years. I can’t remember when we planted ours but the bed has been producing for many years. Our biggest issue with them are the asparagus beetles.

Top Bottom