2023 garden thread

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I def could do a few salads...

IMG_4392.jpeg

And the figs are coming along. Couple disappeared. Hmmm
IMG_4373.jpeg

Tomatoes and chillis are in. Blueberries are Poppin. Haven't thinned the pears yet

rottin'

Staff member
Team MTBNJ Halter's
@MadisonDan where is pic of plate compactor? I see a hand tamper lol..plate compactor a beast of another kind

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Are those bricks from Pat's stash? Looks great
No, they were from various other free locations. I still need to get to Pat’s for another project.
Thanks. The hardest part was getting rid of enough dirt and getting is somewhat level.

ekuhn

Finally planted. Need to run soaker hoses, cages/trellis' and install leaf mulch. Got 2 Extra rows in this year by turning 90* from last years setup.

(18) Various Tomato's - German Giants, Rosalitas, Strawberry Cherries, Rutgers 250s, Virginia Sweets and others that escape me.

(16) Peppers - Poblanos, Jalapeños, Green, Orange, and Red Bells.

(32) White Corn - I think I over watered them last year. Hoping for Better Result

(4) Cucs

(4) Zuccs

And (8) Red onions that grew up from last year I saved.

Extra row in the back cause the lady of the house wants to try planting pumpkins.

IMG_0215.jpeg

SAM

Finally finished mulch betwixt the boxes. Also, area just outside the gate used to have mulch that’d get washed away in 60 seconds. Fixed that with an old piece of slate I had under the deck and two bags of red rock.

IMG_8301.jpg
IMG_8302.jpg
IMG_8303.jpg
IMG_8305.jpg
Note the straightened and staked tree in the background (ref lawn thread)

IMG_8307.jpg

qclabrat

Nice work on both of your plots and the raised beds. MrsQ suggested upgrading to raised beds this year but decided not to based on the current price of lumber. We have about a dozen 3x8 beds. I'd rather spend the money on a few yards of mushroom dirt.

Cole

Nice work on both of your plots and the raised beds. MrsQ suggested upgrading to raised beds this year but decided not to based on the current price of lumber. We have about a dozen 3x8 beds. I'd rather spend the money on a few yards of mushroom dirt.
The lumber prices are back to normal. I think the $9 for a 2x8 didn't seem bad.

Top Bottom