2024 edition 31/31

7/2
Saw Saw
I think im out or something
IMG_7592.jpeg

50 min riding, 1:21 tm, mostly downed tree removal
IMG_7590.jpeg

Last edited:
I plan to do my hour + on Bedminster gravel tonight after work if anyone wants to join. Can start from Burnt Mills or River Rd. around 5:30pm.

7/2/2024
2/31
2:03
Todays ride was quite the adventure. Got out a little later than planned due to unexpected work meeting. Was feeling maybe a little tired but needed a change of scenery from the same roads. Decided to go north a bit towards Hacketstown. On the way down the back half of Schooleys Mtn road my Niterider light came off the mount and I thought it snapped. Luckily I was already on the brakes and was able to walk 15-20 feet back up where it fell off and because it was still flashing I found it intact. Rolled down to a safer spot in the shade and used some strips of duct tape that I carry to secure it. Stopped by Marty’s at mile 15 for bio break and water refill. 4 miles later I got a flat cut tire. Again used a piece of duct tape on the inside to boot it and was able to ride additional 20 miles but I did cut the planned loop a little shorter due to the tire issue didn’t want to gamble and have my luck run out. Perfect place to stop and best use of mailbox.

Hence the ride title. Glad I didn’t have to call for sag. Terrific weather just ran out of time.
Tmw will need to be an easy 1 hour ride I’m already on 5days in a row.

IMG_8214.jpeg
IMG_8198.jpeg
IMG_8199.jpeg

I don't think I'll make 31 in a row (I already missed yesterday) but I'm going to try to play along as much as I can, and maximize my mileage for the month. I'll also try to bring back the pre-work rides.

Nothing of note happened on this one, which is the way you want it in the dark. I did see some baby foxes playing in the road. No pics though.
1719960007285.png

7/2/2024
2/31
2:03
Todays ride was quite the adventure. Got out a little later than planned due to unexpected work meeting. Was feeling maybe a little tired but needed a change of scenery from the same roads. Decided to go north a bit towards Hacketstown. On the way down the back half of Schooleys Mtn road my Niterider light came off the mount and I thought it snapped. Luckily I was already on the brakes and was able to walk 15-20 feet back up where it fell off and because it was still flashing I found it intact. Rolled down to a safer spot in the shade and used some strips of duct tape that I carry to secure it. Stopped by Marty’s at mile 15 for bio break and water refill. 4 miles later I got a flat cut tire. Again used a piece of duct tape on the inside to boot it and was able to ride additional 20 miles but I did cut the planned loop a little shorter due to the tire issue didn’t want to gamble and have my luck run out. Perfect place to stop and best use of mailbox.

Hence the ride title. Glad I didn’t have to call for sag. Terrific weather just ran out of time.
Tmw will need to be an easy 1 hour ride I’m already on 5days in a row.

View attachment 241928

at least you have spare mounts for that niterider (i think i gave you my collection) maybe time to start carrying one in your pocket.

image000001.jpg

Had to wait until my wife got home to watch the kids, so half my ride was in the dark. Mostly road with a short detour through Ceres Park. This picture was part of the path the tornado took through Mullica Hill a few years ago. Last year, a lot of the trees in the path looked like something out of a Dr Seuss book. Much like the tall tree to the right, the trees just had random balls of leaves. Pretty cool looking. This year the trees are getting much fuller. Not many Seuss trees left.

at least you have spare mounts for that niterider (i think i gave you my collection) maybe time to start carrying one in your pocket.
Unfortunately the ones you gave me broke after 1 ride the ones I’m using now I got off Amazon and seem to not be as brittle but maybe already failing. The one on the gravel bike has been problem free so it might just be this one is getting wonky.

Back
Top Bottom